RV Rental Campers rental in USA

General information about the world of Campers rental in USA in particular and RV rentals in North America

Where can I hire a camper in U.S.A?

In United States we have more than 220 stations for hiring campers in USA. The main gates into the states are: New York, Seattle, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Denver, and Las Vegas.

Where can I park my camper in U.S.A?

The most popular source for campground in united states is www.woodalls.com. USA parking Outdoors is acceptable and allowed in most places but absolutely forbidden in the national parks. A free Campgrounds where you can park your camper in USA for free and additionally there are thousands of campers and camping cars parks designated fee. A famous, very useful website for free campsites in U.S.A is Freecampsite.net.

Popular sites with campers trip in U.S.A

Many amassing and breathtaking USA national parks like: Yosemite, Bryce, Upstate New York, Zion, US Rocky mountains, Grand Canyon, Arches, Niagara Falls, Smoky Mountains and Yellowstone.

The list is endless, click here to find a map of the most popular places

Which is better campers hire in the West coast of U.S.A or camper rental in East coast of USA?

This is the 1 million dollar question. It is difficult to choose between good and good. However, the answer will be up to you, your time of travel, length of your trip, Season and weather and of course your budget.

People who support the East coast will say: We Can see the Sunrises, good weather (Florida), a lot of History, and the beautiful autumn.

The West Coast lovers will say: We have the most beautiful national Parks, the Pacific Ocean, younger population and so on.

Well, it's hard to say. We suggest you will try both and decide by yourself.

Where can I travel with a rented camper in USA?

It is very common to go out into one of four popular routes.

1. The classic U.S.A West coast south part includes: Nevada (Las Vegas and the great national parks), California (Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego), and Arizona. The west coast golden triangle which is starting in San Francisco, through Los Angeles and end in Las Vegas or vice versa.

2. USA east coast south part includes Florida (Miami, Orlando, Key West, Everglades national park) up to Atlanta Georgia and the Great Smoky mountains.

3. USA east coast north part includes New York, cape cod, Acadia national park, The white mountains in Adirondack N.P, Niagara falls, thousand Islands, Philadelphia, Washington D.C, and the Appalachian mountains.

4. The USA west coast north part starting in Seattle or Portland through the Olympic national park, the American Rocky Mountains including Yellowstone N.P, grand Teton national park, Mount Rushmore, big horn national park, Devil's tower, Cody and ends in Denver or in Salt lake City.


A very common route is driving 'coast to coast' from the east coast of USA to the USA west coast. 2 options are very popular:
One of them is starting in New York goes south to Florida and continue all along the southern part of USA passing Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and ends in California.

The second route goes from New York all along the USA northern part through upstate New York, Niagara falls, Chicago, Rapid city (Black hills / Mount Rushmore), Big horn USA N.P, Cody, Yellowstone, and continue all the way to the east coast shore line of Washington, Oregon, and California.

Do children have to sit in safety seats when traveling with a camper in USA?

Yes! Absolutely.

Child safety seat laws for each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia according to Safe Kids Worldwide. Please note that the laws generally require some older children to ride properly restrained in a booster seat, secured by the motor vehicle’s safety belt system. Age coverage and other requirements vary by state.

Please remember that state law does not necessarily represent best practice. We recommend that you follow the laws of your state as the minimum requirements for restraining your child while traveling. Children should use a booster seat until they weigh between 80 and 100 lbs., are about 4'9" (57 in.) tall, and can pass the Safety Belt Fit Test. For most children, that will be between ages 8 and 12.

For more detailed information on state child safety seat laws and laws regarding seat belt use for older children, visit the Safe Kids website at www.usa.safekids.org. Scroll down to “Learn about Child Safety Laws and Regulations” on the right side of the page and then select your state from the drop-down menu.

What are the main characteristics of camper rentals in U.S.A?

The majority of motorhome, RV's, caravans and camping cars in U.S.A are Gas engine and Automatic transmission. A gas stove and an Oven / Microwave instrument are available for cooking in the camping car in USA. Many campers are equipped with a Generator. Length of RV in USA permitted to drive a standard driving license up to 11000 Lbs. range from 7 meters (22 feet) up to 12 meters (35 feet). campers over 12 meters, Diesel pusher, required a G. driver's license to drive it.

Passage with a rented camper between the states and to Canada is allowed without any problems. For driving to Mexico you should ask for a prior promotion an extra insurance in order to travel to Mexico.

Filling and emptying sewer and water in the USA Rental campers

USA Rental campers, RV and mobile homes have direct connections to water and sewer unlike what is common in the European countries . For filling the fresh water you can use a water hose (supplied) as City water (direct connection on the side of the camper) or by filling the water tank via the filling cup. The gray water (water you have used them in the shower and sinks) and the black water (the toilet water) emptied by using a 3" hose connecting in one side to the holding tanks drain valve and in the other end to the sewage system of the campground.

In many national parks in USA the camping site does not have a sewage system so filling and emptying the holding tanks should be in a main dump station, usually located in the entrance to the campground.

What can be more attractive for camper rentals in USA? RV trips Family Group!

Another possibility is USA RV trip group tours. Usually 8-10 RV's in a group. A trip accompanied by highly experienced guides who know almost any parking or entertainment venue in USA. Group tours are designed for most families with children of all ages. Common sentence among those returning from trips he "came as families we came back like a big family".

FAQ - Camper Rental in USA

Do I need a special driver’s license to drive a camper in USA?

All you need is to possess a valid driver’s license and a major credit card. No special endorsement is needed. Temporary licenses are not accepted. Authorized operators 21-25 years of age may subject to a fee. In some instances credit and employment references or a foreign passport are required prior to rental and will be verified. All drivers must be present, listed on and sign the Rental Agreement and will be bound by Terms and Conditions of the Rental Agreement at vehicle pick up.

Big rigs or diesel pusher campers required a G driving license.

How old should I be to drive a camper in USA?

In USA, the renter´s minimum age is 21 years old. For the diesel pusher RV group, the minimum age is 25 years old.

What are toll roads, and do I have to pay to use them?

Toll roads are roads which charge a fee in exchange for access through to your destination. You will likely pass through toll roads if you are driving your campervan through metropolitan.
When driving an RV Rental in USA, you are responsible for paying toll fees, so it is important to be aware of these roads before you travel. Refer to the toll road information driving in USA toll roads.

Safe Driving camper In USA

· Driving in USA is on the right-hand side of the road. If you come from a country where motorists drive on the right -hand side of the road, there’s not much more to know, and you should easily adjust to driving in USA by following local driving customs and laws.

If you come from Australia, or from another country where people drive on the Left-hand side of the road, there’ll be a bit to get used to, the main thing being that you drive on the right-hand side of the road in USA.


· Always park in a well-lit area, to allow an easy exit.

· Always park in reverse into the parking spot if possible, to allow an easy exit.

· Have your keys ready when you return to the vehicle.

· If your vehicle has remote control central locking, it's a good idea to have it so that it only opens the driver's door.

· Try to keep a mobile phone with you at all times for use in an emergency.

How to get to the rental station?

In most cases USA camper rental centers, you will pick up and dropping off your camper in the rental center itself. In some camper rental centers in USA you will need to arrange your own transportation to and from camper Rental in USA locations. Some RV rental centers offering shuttle from airports or airports hotel and back to the airport at the end of the rental.

What documents do I need to bring?

· Current driver's license. The license must not expire during the rental period. Any additional drivers to be added on the contract must have their current driver's license as well and must be present at pickup.

· A major credit card with sufficient available credit.

· If you are an International customer, please bring your Passport.

Can I add additional drivers to the rental contract?

Yes, however they must be present at the time of pickup and have a valid driver's license that will not expire during the length of the camper rental contract. Additional fee may apply at some locations.

What kind of security Deposit is required?

The security Deposit for recreational vehicle rentals in USA is US$ 500-1,500 hold on a major credit card. Usually required to leave a deposit only Visa credit card or MasterCard but some rental stations in USA requires leaving a cash deposit and do not accept all credit card deposit.

When you receive your camper rental voucher, it will be a note about how to pay the deposit. It is highly recommended to be well prepared in advance for deposit payment as required because no camper in USA delivered without leaving the deposit as required.

When can I pick up and drop off the camper?

At the most, in USA campers pick up is between 13:00 and 16:00 depending on vehicle readiness. Please allow 1-2 hours for pick up procedures.

Drop off should be in 09:00-11:00 and take no more the 30 minutes.

It is possible to pick up in the morning or dropping off as late as 16:00 for a cost of one rental day for each and according to availability.

Do I need to schedule a pick up time?

No. You just have to come at the pickup hours.

Travel Restrictions

Travel restrictions may be applied. Please refer to terms and condition of your rented camper.

In general, nonpublic roads, logging roads, Death valley, Mexico, are prohibited.


Are there any coverage's provided with the rental camper?


Yes. In general your rented camper will include:
Auto Liability
Basic minimum statutory auto liability coverage is included in the rental rates on a secondary basis. All coverages are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Rental Contract.


Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI)

Included with USA & CANADA Rentals – Not Valid in Mexico.
SLI provides excess liability coverage up to a total of $1,000,000 combined single limit of coverage per occurrence against claims made by third parties for bodily injury, death, and/or property damage caused by operation of the vehicle. EXCLUSIONS APPLY. A partial list is contained in the Rental Contract. Please check at departure.


Coverage Summaries – USA Departures

Provided you abide by the Terms and Conditions of the Rental Agreement, report accidents and/or damage promptly, and avoid prohibited vehicle uses, your coverages include:
Auto Liability: Statutory and excess Supplemental Liability Insurance up to $1,000,000.
Vehicle Damage / Loss: Per occurrence or incident, only $1,000 of responsibility. You are covered for amounts in excess of $1,000 under most conditions.
Trip Reimbursement: Travel Expenses incurred as a result of mechanical breakdown up to $3,000 per tour.


Please refer to insurance terms of your specific rental camper!

Can we travel one way to other destination or do we have to travel round trip?

Yes, one way reservations are available in USA. However, one way rental are subject to a drop fee. Drop fees may be increased or decreased based on pick-up or drop-off location, dates and vehicle availability.

Is it difficult to drive a camper in USA?

Campers handle much like a big car. campers in USA are not difficult to drive, and that is one reason they have become so popular. If you are an experienced driver, you can adapt to the greater size, weight, and height of a recreational vehicle. But when you are behind the wheel of your RV, it is a good idea to make use of all your defensive driving skills.

Staying alert, planning ahead and driving defensively are critical to the safe handling of your Camper. When you become one of the big rigs on the road, you are responsible for the safety of your passengers as well as the safety of the other vehicles with which you share the road.

Is there a limit to how many people can ride in the camper?

We understand the confusion these situations create. Therefore, we recommend the following:

Never exceed the maximum capacity as posted in the actual vehicle you will be using. Maximum capacity includes the vehicle, all fluids, all occupants and their gear.

All passengers should use the provided seatbelts. The total number of seatbelts will vary according to the vehicle and according to the floor plan of the actual vehicle you are using.

Child safety seats should be used where applicable. The installation and use of these seats should follow the recommendation of the child seat manufacturer.

Overhead areas designed only for sleeping should not be occupied while the vehicle is in motion.

The vehicle should be properly secured prior to travel. This includes locking the doors and dead-bolting them where applicable. Stow the entry step and secure the outside compartments.

Is it possible to travel with RV in USA during the winter in the colder areas?

Yes, however, in locations with harsh winter weather, our campers are "winterised" from approximately November to March. This means we have drained the water and holding tanks, and filled them with anti-freeze. This will prevent the tanks and pipes from freezing and bursting. If you chose to have your rental camper "de-winterised" (so that you can use your sink, shower, and toilet) it will cost $75. You will need to exercise extreme care while travelling in a "de-winterised" camper during frigid weather. You will need to run the heater at all times to protect the tanks and pipes from freeze damage, or in extreme cases you would need to put anti-freeze in the water and holding tanks (by doing so, you could only use the toilet). If the pipes or tanks were damaged from freezing, it is considered negligent damage and you would have to pay a $5000 deductible for the repairs. If you have any more questions on the rental policies during winter, please contact the rental center where your trip would originate. They can provide you with specific information.

Are there any places we cannot take the camper?


Yes. Coverage's are invalid if problems occur in some restricted areas and all recovery expenses are at the renter’s own cost. Violations of these restrictions void damage waivers and the renter will be held liable for all vehicle damages including to tires, towing charges and other related expenses as a result of a breakdown associated with operating in these areas.
Please strictly refer to the terms and condition in each camper terms and condition page.

How much does it cost to stay in campgrounds?

Campground rates vary based on time of year and what facilities they offer. Generally you can expect to pay between USD$ 20 and US$ 50 per night. Click here to find RV campground in USA.


Camper vans and motorhomes in USA are handed over to you in a clean and tidy condition on the inside as well as on the outside, and shall also be returned by you in a clean and tidy state. External cleaning is included in the price. If, following return of the vehicle, inside cleaning, emptying of the sewage water tank and / or emptying of the toilet holding tank have to be carried out by the lessor in part or in full, the lessor shall charge a cleaning fee. Please note that possibly incurred costs are to be paid directly on site.

How and where will I get fresh water on the way?

You can get fresh water for filling purposes at many petrol stations and camping grounds as well as at thousands of supply and disposal stations.

In most cases, only a small fee will be charged for filling up fresh water.

Are there any size restrictions on campgrounds or parking lots?

There may be some campgrounds that will not allow RVs above an overall length of approx. 10 m. / 30 feet.

Is it possible to camp in the wild?

We do not recommend for security reasons. However "Overnight Parking" in the wild is very common - a place not on a camp site - where you are officially allowed to stop over with your camper. Many of these stop over sites are equipped with camper facilities like sanitary stations or hookups. Some charge a fee, some others don't.

How am I to behave in case of an accident or in the event of damage?

Upon handover of the camper to you, you will receive a damage report from which you are obliged to complete in any event of accident. In case of fire, theft, damage caused by animals or other damage, police and the renting station must be notified. The renting station must also be notified of any details concerning the circumstances of the accident.

Claims for damages of other parties involved in the accident must not be acknowledged.

Electric plugs RV parks in USA and Canada

Campers in USA are connecting to main 110-120 volt, at 60 hertz frequency.

To connect your camper to main electrical network you should use a marine plug like this:

Camper hire USA - plug to main


Inside your rental camper you will find few sockets like this:


Rental camper USA plug

To connect your own electrical equipment in your rented camper in USA you should use a plug like this:

Camper rental USA electric plug

Recommended links

Book your camper campground in USA

Book a shuttle from airport to your camper rental center in USA

General Tips – USA Camper rental

If you are coming from abroad, you may also consider renting campers in other destinations such as:

Camper rental in USA

Camper rental in Canada

Please wait...