• Payment for rental charges and other charges must be received 40 days prior to departure.
• Without payment in "full" the Campervan will not be released to the Renter.
• If payments are not received when due, Campervan North America reserves the right to cancel the reservation without notice with possible cancellation fees.
• Local taxes are due and payable in addition to the rental and/or purchase price. These taxes vary depending on the location and may change during the year without prior notice.
• VISA and MasterCard are accepted. Amex is not accepted
Refunds will not be given in the following cases:
• Vehicle is returned prior to the contracted drop-off date.
• Prepaid miles are unused.
• Renter arrives late to pick up the campervan or does not show up at all.
• Renter fails to follow instructions for repair or service.
Shuttle Service & Transportation
We do not provide airport or hotel pick-ups and drop offs. Renters are responsible for their own transportation to and from our offices.
• Pick-up time is 2:30 PM- 5:00 PM.
• Earlier pick-ups may be possible, but only will be promised 3 days in advance of the pick-up date.
• All location open from 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
• Customers MUST call the pickup office to arrange their pickup time. Customers MUST NOT show up without an approved pickup time.
• Campervan North America requires a security deposit payment of US$750 with final invoice.
• Additional deposits may be required for special events e.g. 'Burning Man' or Alaska trips.
• The Security Deposit is charged on pickup and refunded after return.
• Credit Card holder must be present at the time of campervan pick-up.
• Upon return, miscellaneous charges and/or damages will be deducted from the Security Deposit. The remaining amount will be refunded. Additional amounts over US$750 will be charged to the credit card on file.
• Campervan North America has up to 5 days to refund the security deposit.
A valid national driver's license is required for each driver at the time of pick-up. An international driver's license is recommended for foreign Renters but not required. For international renters a valid passport is also required. There is no surcharge for additional drivers. However, all drivers must be present at the time of pickup with a valid driver’s license and passport if required.
If for any reason the booked campervan should not be available, Campervan North America reserves the right to substitute a higher-rated campervan at no additional cost. No claims for any ancillary fees such as for ferry boats or campgrounds are accepted.
Renter Responsibilities While Operating the Campervan
Gasoline/Diesel, Oil, and Waste Tanks:
The cost of propane, gasoline or diesel, and oil are not included and Campervan North America does not assume responsibility for estimates of consumption. All vehicles are delivered with full tanks and the Renter is expected to return the campervan with full tanks or will be charged for the refueling plus a service fee. Refueling will be the cost of the fuel plus a US$30 service fee. Un-emptied grey and black water tanks will result in a US$50 fee per tank.
The Renter is responsible for checking engine oil and coolant levels at each refueling as well as reporting mechanical failures immediately. Coolant refills and authorized repairs will be reimbursed upon return of the campervan and presentation of all receipts (see Mechanical Breakdown). It is the driver's responsibility to operate the campervan in a safe manner and to exercise all caution possible. Also, on vehicles that require DEF fluid, Campervan North America will have it full on your departure, but you are responsible for filling it if need be. This is only going to be necessary on very long trips over 5,000 miles. The DEF fluid does not have to be refilled by the Renter upon the campervan’s return.
• For repairs exceeding US$50 call Campervan North America. We will research and rectify the situation as quickly as possible. Non-authorized repairs exceeding US$50 will not be reimbursed. Receipts must be presented to Campervan North America for reimbursement. Renter will be held responsible for mechanical damage due to negligence in operation and/or maintenance. Renters are required to cooperate fully with Campervan North America to remedy any problem.
• Defects on Radio/CD/DVD/GPS, stove/heater, air conditioning, refrigerator, microwave, cruise control, etc. are not considered to be mechanical breakdowns and excluded from refunds.
In the Event of an Accident:
• The Renter must obtain a local police report as provided by the attending police officer investigating the accident.
• Campervan North America must be notified as soon as possible. A full-written report along with the other party's name, address, phone number, insurance information and driver's license number on the supplied accident report form will be required upon return of the campervan. Damage and accident scene pictures should be taken and provided if at all possible.
• All documents relating to the accident must include a police report number or identifying number.
• Insurance coverage may be void if the above instructions are not followed.
It is the Renter’s responsibility to report and pay for all parking/traffic violations at check-in. Failing to report these violations at drop-off will cause a charge of an administrative fee of up to US$100 plus the fine (including all late charges) to the Renter’s credit card. Any toll road charges not paid for will result in a US$15 per incident service fee.
• Campervan must be dropped off 9:00-10:30 AM.
• Late drop-offs are sometimes allowed and will not be approved more than 3 days prior to the drop-off date.
• Charges for late campervan return or unauthorized extension of the rental period: US$100 per hour or US$800 per day (plus applicable rental charges). The regular rental rates apply only with proper authorization through Campervan North America prior to a rental extension.
• The Renters are advised to return the campervan with the interior cleaned, dishes cleaned, and holding tanks dumped to avoid any cleaning/dumping charges.
• Additional miles will be charged at US$0.40 per mile plus local tax. No mile packages are available for purchase on return.
• All location open from 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM.
The minimum age for the rental of the Bunkhouse, Treasure Chaser, Two4theroad and Clanhauler is 25, for the Edelweiss is 21 (younger with authorization only) and the maximum age is 79 years for all vans.
Pets are allowed in our campervans, with an additional Cleaning fee. The fee is US$90 for the Clanhauler, Two4TheRoad, Bunkhouse and Treasure Chaser. The fee is US$45 for the Edelweiss.
Smoking is not allowed in any campervan. If it is discovered that smoking was done in a van, renter will be responsible for all charges acquired for returning the van to the normal, odorless condition, the minimum being US$250.
Customers traveling between 21 August to 6 September 2021 into or out of Las Vegas, whether they intend to attend Burning Man or not, will be surcharged US$1000, and are responsible for additional cleaning costs starting at US$100 per hour.
Traveling into Mexico is not permitted. There is no insurance coverage in Mexico.
Traveling into Death Valley in the summer is permitted.
Traveling within Alaska, Yukon and/or NorthWest Territories is permitted, but Campervan North America must be notified at the time of reservation.
Vehicles could be winterized between November 1st and March 31st, depending on the pick-up location (period maybe longer depending on pick-up location and weather conditions). It is not possible to use the water/waste systems during this time or when outside temperatures are below freezing. Renters will be held responsible for any damage to water systems caused by freezing temperatures.
Driving is allowed on all maintained roads. This does include gravel roads, where the road is smooth and well maintained. However, the Renter is liable for any tank damage that occurs, whether it be on paved or gravel roads. Renter is also liable for any accidents or breakdowns that occur on paved or gravel roads. Renter is also liable for any flat tires on gravel roads.
Bozeman, Montana - open 7 days per week from April 15 until October 31.
Las Vegas, Nevada - open year around, aside from being closed on: Nov. 26 2020, Dec. 24-26 2020, Jan. 1 2021, April 4 2021, Nov. 25 2021, Dec. 24-26 2021, Dec 31 2021, Jan. 1 2022, April 17 2022, Nov. 24 2022, Dec. 24-26 2022, Dec. 31 2022, Jan. 1 2023
Seattle, Washington - open year around, aside from being closed on: Nov. 26 2020, Dec. 24-26 2020, Jan. 1 2021, April 4 2021, Nov. 25 2021, Dec. 24-26 2021, Dec 31 2021, Jan. 1 2022, April 17 2022, Nov. 24 2022, Dec. 24-26 2022, Dec. 31 2022, Jan. 1 2023
Denver, Colorado - open 7 days per week from April 15 until October 31.