Motorhome pick ups and drop offs are available from any of the Pacific Hrizon Client Service Centers, located in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch.
A NZ$300 location fee may apply for Auckland or Christchurch, for any hires of 20 days or less.
CLIENT SERVICE CENTRE OPERATING HOURS
Daily (including weekends) 8.00am – 5.00pm
Client Service Centres are closed on Christmas Day (25 December)
Note: Clients must be at the Client Service Centre for vehicle pick ups & drop offs before 4.30pm. Where applicable, agents need to allow appropriate time for clients to get from airports, ferry terminals and hotels to meet this requirement.
VEHICLE SECURITY GUARANTEE
A credit card imprint is required on all rental agreements. The credit card must be valid for 28 days after the end of the hire. In the absence of a credit card, Pacific Horizon requires a cash vehicle security bond of NZ$4,500 (NZ$2,500 if Street Smart Excess Reduction is taken, or NZ$250 if Freedom Plus Excess Reduction is taken). This credit card imprint or cash will be held for 28 days after the return of the motorhome.
NOTE: The hirer is fully liable for any damage to the Pacific Horizon vehicle or third party property if:
• The terms of the rental contract are breached.
• Damage to the vehicle is caused by careless, wilful or reckless driving or breach of any New Zealand driving rules and regulations.
• Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
• Driving on restricted roads (as listed below).
• Water submersion or salt water damage caused through the hirer’s fault.
• Incorrect fuel is used
MINIMUM RENTAL DURATION AND COSTING
Minimum rental period is 7 days.
Minimum rental is extended to 14 days for the travel period from 16 December to 10 January and also for New Zealand / Australia school holiday dates.
Shorter rentals may be accepted entirely at the discretion of Pacific Horizon and special conditions may apply. Motorhome rentals are calculated on a per calendar day basis, i.e. day of pick up and drop off is always counted as a full day irrespective of what time the motorhome is collected or dropped off.
DRIVER’S LICENCE AND MINIMUM AGE
A valid full national driver’s licence is required. Non-English language national drivers’ licences must be presented in conjunction with an official translation or valid international driver’s licence must be shown.
The minimum age to drive a Pacific Horizon vehicle is 21 years.
1. Roads: Pacific Horizon motorhomes can be driven on sealed/bitumen or well formed gravel roads.
No vehicle is to be driven on the following roads: Skippers Canyon Road, Colville Township to Port Jackson, Ball Hut Road, 90 Mile Beach.
2. Animals: No animals are permitted in vehicles, with the exception of guide dogs, subject to the approval of Pacific Horizon.
3. Smoking: No smoking is permitted in any Pacific Horizon vehicle.
Minor repairs (when the hirer is not at fault) up to NZ$100 may be made without authorisation and will be reimbursed upon production of an itemised receipt. Amounts above NZ$100 require approval from Pacific Horizon On-Road Care, and clients must retain an itemised receipt.
All Pacific Horizon vehicles must be returned with:
• A full fuel tank of diesel, that has been filled up within 3 kms of the drop off location. Refuelling at our Client Service Centre will be charged at current rates per ¼ tank plus an admin fee.
• An emptied toilet cassette.
• An emptied grey waste water tank.
Charges will apply should the vehicle be dropped off at a location other than that which was agreed upon.
PAYMENT TERMS AND CANCELLATION FEES
The deposit required to confirm a booking is non refundable. The balance of hire is due 28 days before vehicle pick up, unless otherwise arranged.
If a vehicle is returned early for any reason whatsoever, no refund is available.
AMENDMENT OF HIRES
Once a booking is confirmed, any changes made that may shorten the hire will not be entitled to a refund.
Changes to dates and/or locations may attract a relocation fee.
SUBSTITUTION OF VEHICLE
If, for reasons beyond our control, the reserved vehicle is not available, we reserve the right to substitute a comparable or superior vehicle at no extra cost to the client. This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the renter to any form of refund.
TAXES AND GOVERNMENT CHARGES
All charges include 15% GST.
All rates and conditions are subject to change in accordance with changes in government taxes.
1. Rates and conditions may be subject to change.
2. Whilst including the same facilities, some motorhomes may have different layouts to those shown.
3. All measurements and volumes shown are approximate.
4. The information provided on the website is subject to change without notice.