Payment / Credit Card
1. Your credit or debit card will be charged for 50% of the rental reserved inclusive of fees and taxes, when you confirm the booking. Method of pre-payment toward your rental may not be changed after confirmation. In the event your charge card is declined, you will not receive a rental confirmation.
2. Applicable exchange rates will apply according to your payment method/bank fees.
3. The security deposit can only be paid by credit card (Visa or Mastercard), and the credit card owner must be present at the pick-up. At the vehicle delivery, the Hirer is required to pay the security deposit according to the chosen Insurance option. This amount will be held in the Hirer’s credit card to ensure the excess payment in the event of robbery or accident and any other vehicle damage during the rental period.
4. Upon returning the vehicle, Rental Firm will process the release of the unused portion of the security deposit subject to your bank's procedures.
1. Campervan rental charges are calculated on a calendar day basis. The pick-up and drop-off days are considered rental days, regardless of the pick-up and drop-off time.
2. Late Pick-ups or Earlier Drop-offs do not entitle the customer to any refund of the unused portion of the rental.
3. Pre-arranged after-hours pick-ups or drop-offs requested by the Hirer are subject to an additional fee according to the rental firm price table.
Indie Campers operates 7 Days per week, from 09:00 to 17:30.
Indie Campers requests the hirer to be at the office by latest 17:00 for pick-up and drop-off, unless a Late/Early Fee applies.
Vehicle Availability and Upgrades
If the exact model booked is not available, Rental Firm reserves the right to provide you a similar category or upgraded model, according to the pick-up location availability. Additionally, we cannot guarantee specific colors or designs for the vehicle rented.
Documents / Driver's License / Minimum Age
At the time of pick up, the driver must present a valid driver's license (B class) to drive in Europe, or an international driver´s license. The Hirer must be older than 18 years old. If one of the drivers is younger than 25 years old, upgraded insurance plan is required.
1) The customer acknowledges having received the Vehicle and rented extras in a clean condition and with all of the features working.
2) The customer will return the vehicle in a clean condition, with the same amount of fuel at the pick-up, and with all of the vehicle’s features operating in a normal way, on the return date, time and location established in the Rental Agreement. Failure to meet these criteria will result in additional charges to the Hirer according to the rental firm price table. Any loss or damage in rented extras, equipment or spare parts, will be fully charged to the Hirer according to the Rental Firm price table.
1) A valid vehicle driver’s license and ID are required and must be presented upon the vehicle’s collection and signing of the rental agreement. If the Hirer does not bring the necessary documents, the vehicle cannot be rented and regular cancelation policy will apply.
2) To be holder a valid license to drive in Europe is the responsibility of the Hirer.
3) The Hirer should be older than 18 years old.
4) If the Hirer is younger than 25 years old, upgraded insurance plan or higher is required to rent the vehicle.
Use of the Vehicle
1) The customer agrees that, during the Rental Period, the vehicle will not be:
a) Driven by an unidentified person or any other person that is not mentioned in the rental agreement.
b) Driven in an imprudent and dangerous way.
c) Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
d) Left with the key inside the vehicle, while unoccupied.
e) Damaged by submersion in water, contact with salt water, driving through flooded areas, beach driving and dirt roads.
f) Used for any race, contest or any illegal activities.
g) Used to tow any vehicle.
h) Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward.
i) Used to carry more passengers than what is permitted by law.
j) Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material.
k) Used for the purpose of transporting and haulage goods other then what might be reasonably expected of a leisure rental.
l) install accessories and advertising or commercial mentions.
m) Any consequence that results from the points above, will not be Rental Firm responsibility.
2) The customer acknowledges that Rental Firm retains the title to the Vehicle at all times. The customer shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, sub-let, lend or mortgage the vehicle to any other party.
3) The Hirer should not make any alterations or additions to the vehicle, without prior written consent from the rental firm.
4) The Hirer should take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the vehicle, including, daily checks of the Oil, Water and Batteries, and will contact the Rental Firm if vehicle warning lights indicate any potential malfunction.
5) Any electrical devices (including the cooler) cannot be connected to the battery for more than 4 hours in a row, without being charged at least one day in camping places or in other 220 V sources.
6) The present agreement will be automatically resolved and the booking will be canceled without any need of judicial intervention, if the vehicle is used in any terms that constitute a violation of the present agreement. Additionally, the Rental Firm reserves the right to recover the vehicle, at any time, without previous notice, and the Hirer is held responsible for all the charges involved.
On-Road Assistance and Technical Issues
1) Any problems associated with the vehicle, including equipment failure, must be reported immediately in order to give Rental Firm the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental. Failure to do so will compromise Rental Firm responsibility. Please contact us before you call on-road Assistance, and our team will help you to handle the situation.
2) This service covers any technical or mechanical malfunction of the vehicle arising from a manufacturing or material fault that directly renders the part concerned unfit for operation during the warranty period.
3) Please note that the following are not covered by Road-Assistance, and tow expenses will be charged to the Hirer:
a) The vehicle running out of fuel.
b) The keys being locked inside the vehicle, damaged (e.g. humidity in the key), or lost.
c) Discharged batteries caused by incorrect usage and/or incorrect usage of any equipment that requires batteries to operate.
d) Vehicle blocked off-road or in a dirt road.
e) A breakdown caused by willful neglect.
f) Assistance to change a flat tire.
4) Rental Firm provides 24hr on Road Assistance support, outside office hours some delays may occur.
5) In case of any malfunction, the Hirer is not allowed to make repairs or alterations to the van, unless authorized by the Rental Firm and following exact instructions.
6) In the event of vehicle immobilization due to mechanical breakdown, or accident, and if it is not possible to repair on-site, the Rental Firm shall send a tow truck to drive the vehicle and the Hirer to the closest rental depot.
Rental Firm does not accept any liability for personal injuries sustained during the rental period, and recommends that no valuable items should be left in the vehicle, out in the open, while the customer is away from the vehicle. Rental Firm is not responsible for any belongings lost or stolen during the rental period, neither for any damages in the vehicle due to vandalism.
Accident / Vehicle Damage
In the event of an accident, the Hirer agrees the following procedures:
1) Immediately notify the Rental Firm and police authorities of any accident, theft, robbery or other misfortune.
2) Take pictures and obtain names and addresses of all persons involved as well as witnesses, that can document what happened.
3) Fill the accident report, together with other vehicles that may be involved.
4) Shall not leave the vehicle without taking all measures regarding its protection and safety.
5) Shall not take any responsibility or pled guilty in the event of an accident that might hold the Rental Firm liable.
6) Collect the accident report signed by all parties involved and the documents prepared by the police authorities.
Return of the Vehicle
1) The vehicle must be returned at the time and location specified in the rental agreement.
a) In order to change the drop off location or date/time, the Hirer must first obtain authorization from the Rental Firm Reservations staff. Charges will apply, and the amount will be communicated by the reservations team.
b) The fee applies to all cases, irrespective of the reasons behind change.
c) If the Rental Firm does not confirm the changes via email, the Hirer must comply with the contract location and drop-off date and time.
2) Failure to obtain authorization and deliver the van at the hours agreed in the Rental Contract will result in an extra fee of three times the daily rate, to be paid immediately upon the drop-off.
3) If the vehicle is returned in a different place from the one contracted, the Hirer is responsible for all the emergent damages caused to the Rental Firm.
4) If the vehicle is not returned to a Rental Firm employee, the Hirer is liable for all losses or damages including vehicle theft or robbery.
5) Van equipment and Cleaning Fee:
a) All vehicles are provided with kitchen utensils and a bed kit and in case of not returning these as they were handed, a fee will be applied according to the value of the item(s).
b) A €100 cleaning fee will be charged if the vehicle is not returned in a clean condition in the interior (absence of garbage, sand, mud or any other waste) and exterior, with the wastewater tank empty, empty chemical toilet, kitchen utensils cleaned, and the cooler turned-off with no food inside.
6) If the van is not returned with the same fuel level as the pick-up, the customer will be charged €40 for every 1⁄4 tank missing.
Liability / Security Deposit and After Rental Payments
1) The security deposit can only be paid by credit card (Visa or Mastercard), and the credit card owner must be present at the pick-up. At the vehicle delivery, the Hirer is required to pay the security deposit according to the chosen Insurance option. This amount will be frozen in the Hirer’s credit card to ensure the excess payment in the event of robbery or accident and any other vehicle damage during the rental period.
2) If the security deposit amount is not authorized by the bank or by the credit card owner, the contract cannot be executed and the vehicle cannot be delivered. In this case, the regular cancelation policy will apply and the full booking amount will be charged to the Hirer. The security deposit will be returned to the Hirer at the end of the rental period, after an inspection by a Rental Firm member staff, who shall state the vehicle is in similar conditions compared to when it was collected.
3) Vehicle damage costs will be charged according to the Rental Firm damage price table. The Hirer will also be liable for the days not rented during the vehicle repair time, according to the damages at issue.
4) If the damage repair costs cannot be determined immediately, the Rental Firm will hold the full amount of the security deposit. A portion of the excess can be refunded in case the final damage repair costs are lower than the amount paid.
5) The Hirer agrees that the Rental Firm is authorized to charge the credit card on file for any further amounts that may arise such as wild camping, parking tickets, fines, traffic offence penalties, tolls, damages to the van (interior or exterior) and overdue amounts. Rental Firm is entitled to verify any of the damages to the van for 30 days after the last day of the rental agreement. Fines will be charged as of the total cost of the fine, plus VAT tax and an administrative fee of €50.
6) The Hirer must provide Rental Firm with an alternative credit card that can be used to meet Hirer’s obligations under Rental Firm’ Terms and Conditions in case of insufficient funds, declined transactions for any reason, and cancelled or suspended credit card.
7) All unpaid invoices will be added interest, which is the highest legal rate plus a flat fee, corresponding to 20% of the unpaid amount and any compensation for occurred damages / lost profits due by law. In the event of a legal dispute somehow related with this contract, the parties agree that the jurisdiction of the pick-up location will be applied.
Agreement and Customer Warranties
1) This agreement constitutes the entire arrangement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or arrangements between the parties relating to the subject matter of liable as Hirer. Any charges are calculated in accordance with the Agreement and respective Terms and Conditions.
2) When Booking and paying the initial deposit, the Hirer automatically agreed with Rental Firm Terms and Conditions.
3) The Hirer assures that all information supplied in relation with this agreement is truthful.
Vehicles and brands
If, for any reason that is not the rental firm’s responsibility, such as a delay by the previous renter, accident, theft, breakdown, or any other situation that compromise the delivery of the vehicle previously reserved, it is not possible to proceed to the delivery on the stipulated date, the rental firm can:
1) provide an equivalent campervan, the design and layout may vary.
2) will refund the hirer the amount already paid, and no other additional compensation.
Automatic Tolls (Via Verde - Portugal and Spain only)
The usage of the device “Via Verde” is optional and will be charged as follows: €10 for Administrative fee, plus the amount of registered tolls during the rental period plus VAT tax. This value will be charged on the credit card after the end of the rental period.