INCLUDED IN RATES
• Unlimited kilometers
• Vehicle insurance (excess applies, see information under the heading "for your protection – vehicle excess")
• 15 % GST*
• Linen & Bedding
• Airport transfer upon vehicle collection and return
• Kitchen equipment*
• General equipment*
• Customer Care 24 hour, 7 days per week road-service helpline (toll free)
*Goods and Services Tax (GST) - GST is an Australian Federal Government imposed tax. GST is included in all Britz rates and is currently 15%. Britz reserves the right to amend GST upon Government intervention.
*Linen and bedding includes pillow, pillowcase, sleeping bag, sheet and towel per person.
*Kitchen equipment includes plates, bowls, cups, glasses, knives, forks, spoons, bottle/can opener, mixing bowls, colander, saucepans, frying pans, cooking utensils, chopping board, kettle, teapot, toaster and tea towel.
* General equipment includes pegs and clothesline, dustpan/brush, fire extinguisher, bucket/hose, broom, matches, ice cube tray, coat hangers and toilet chemicals.
The Inclusive Pack is NZ$54 per day (maximum charge of NZ$2,700 per rental) and is in addition to the daily vehicle rate.
• Liability Reduction Option
• Picnic table and chairs (chairs per person travelling)
• Snow Chains if required
• Portable heater if required
• Baby / Booster seat – on request (cannot be fitted in some vehicle categories)
• Single vehicle rollover cover
• WiFi, Including 1GB of data
• Extra driver fees
• Linene exchange
If the Liability Reduction Option or the Britz Inclusive Pack is not taken, the customer must pay the Liability Deposit. The Liability Deposit is $5,000 or $7,500 and is applicable regardless if the hirer has purchased private travel insurance.
The customer must provide a valid credit card or debit card to pay the Liability Deposit and the amount will be debited to the customer’s credit card or debit card on the day of vehicle collection. The credit or debit card holder must be present and able to sign for the Liability Deposit upon vehicle collection. The credit or debit card holder is jointly and severally liable for any damage to the rental vehicle. Any type of pre-paid travel card is not acceptable as a means to provide a Liability Deposit.
The Liability Deposit is subject to a 2% credit card administration fee in addition to the Liability Deposit amount when the credit card used is either a Visa credit or debit card or MasterCard credit or debit card, or 5.2% when the credit card used is American Express. The credit card administration fees are subject to change.
The Liability Deposit is fully refundable, including the credit card administration fee, if the card used to provide the Liability Deposit is a Visa credit or debit card or MasterCard credit or debit card, provided the Vehicle is returned undamaged. Britz recommend that customers use a Visa credit or debit card or MasterCard credit or debit card for the Liability Deposit, as the credit card administration fee that applies when using American Express credit card is not refundable.
Only Visa credit or Visa debit card, MasterCard credit or MasterCard debit card, or American Express credit card are acceptable to use for the purpose of the Liability Deposit.
• Rental days are charged per calendar day. When calculating the number of days a vehicle is rented, the day of pick-up is counted as day one of the rental. The day of the vehicle’s return is counted as the final day of the rental. Vehicles are required to be collected and returned within business hours.
• Minimum rental period is 5 days with the following exceptions:
• 10 day minimum hire period applies for southbound travel 1st October 2019 to 31st March 2020 (AKL to ZQN)
• 10 day minimum hire period applies for southbound travel 1st October 2020 to 31st March 2021 (AKL to CHC and AKL to ZQN)
• 10 day minimum hire period applies where travel dates include 20 December 2020 to 10 January 2021
• 5 day minimum hire period applies for travel from AKL to CHC 21 February 2020 to 31st March 2020
• 7 day minimum hire period applies where travel dates include 11 January 2020 to 19 December 2020 for travel from CHC to ZQN
• 7 day minimum hire period applies where travel dates include 1 April to 30 September 2020 for travel from AKL to ZQN
• 7 day minimum hire period applies where travel dates include 11 January 2021 to 31 March 2021 for travel from CHC to ZQN
• 10 day minimum hire period where travel dates include 21 January to 31 May 2020 for travel to from AKL/CHC to ZQN for: HiTop, Voyager
• Minimum rental period is subject to change.
• Late pick-up or early return of vehicle does not entitle the hirer to any refund of the unused portion of the rental. No refund will be made if the length of hire is shortened or for unused days.
• If a customer wishes to extend the rental whilst on hire, they must first obtain authorisation from Britz (call 0800 831 900). The rental extension is subject to vehicle availability. The cost of an extended rental must be paid by credit or debit card over the telephone on confirmation of the rental extension. The rate charged may not reflect the original rate booked. Failure to obtain authorisation will result in a daily fee of NZ$150 in addition to the daily rate.
Should a customer have more than one consecutive rental they can be combined to qualify for longer-term hire discounts off the vehicle rate. Details are on application.
ROAD USER CHARGE RECOVERY FEE
The Tax Recovery Fee will be calculated and collected on return of the vehicle based on the kilometres travelled during the hire.
The vehicle rates per 100km are as follows:
HiTop, Voyager, Venturer, Venturer Plus, Discovery: NZ$7.64
Explorer, Vista, Frontier: NZ$8.04
Britz reserves the right to amend the Diesel Tax Recovery Fee upon Government intervention.
QUEENSTOWN LOCATION FEE
Vehicle collections and returns in Queenstown incur a NZ$95 location fee (same city collection and return, one fee applies). This is in addition to the one-way fee if applicable.
Britz branches are open daily from 0800 to 1630 hours, 7 days a week with the exception of Christmas Day (25 December) when all branches are closed.
Britz requests that clients collecting or returning their vehicle to be in the office by 1600 hours.
PUBLIC HOLIDAY SURCHARGE
A NZ$100 surcharge will apply to all rentals picking up and/or dropping off on National public holidays:
28 October 2019, 26 December 2019, 1 January 2020, 2 January 2020, 6 February 2020, 10 April 2020, 13 April 2020, 25 April 2020, 1 June 2020, 26 October 2020, 26 December 2020, 1 January 2021, 2 January 2021, 6 February 2021
Campervans can only be driven on sealed/bitumen or well-maintained roads.
No vehicle shall be driven on Skippers Road (Queenstown), the Crown Range Road (Queenstown), Ball Hut Road (Mt. Cook), Ninety Mile Beach (Northland), North of Colville Township (Coromandel Peninsula), All ski field access roads (from 1 June to 31 October).
Britz reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions.
A current and full motor vehicle driver’s licence is required and must be produced upon vehicle collection.
Should a foreign licence be in a language other then English it must be accompanied by a current international driving permit issued in the same country as the driver’s licence was issued. An accredited
English translation will be accepted in lieu of an international driving permit.
Drivers must be 21 years of age or over.
Britz provides free airport to branch and branch to airport transfer on day of arrival and departure for our Auckland, Christchurch and Queenstown Branches.
TOLL AND TRAFFIC NOTICES AND ADMINISTRATION FEES
Britz reserves the right to charge the hirer for any speeding, toll way, parking or freedom camping fines. In addition to the costs associated per fine, an administration fee of NZ$60 may be applicable.
CHANGE OF DROP-OFF LOCATION
If the customer wishes to change the drop-off destination, they must first obtain authorisation from the Reservations.
Subject to the change being approved, an additional charge of up to NZ$750 may apply.
CHANGE OF VEHICLE
Should the vehicle booked be unavailable through unforeseen circumstances, Britz reserve the right to substitute an alternative vehicle without prior notification and at no extra cost. This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the hirer to a refund.
Vehicles cannot be requested by make or model, only by vehicle category.
Should the hirer decide to take a lesser vehicle than booked they will not be entitled to any refund.
Britz reserves the right to refuse any rental at its discretion.
CUSTOMER CARE ON-ROAD ASSISTANCE
Any problems associated with the vehicle, including equipment failure, must be reported to Britz as soon as
possible and within 24 hours in order to give Britz the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental.
Failure to do so will may impact any claims for compensation. Britz do not accept liability for any claims submitted after this period.
Please contact us on free phone: 0800 788 558 or landline 0064 9 255 4471
CREDIT AND DEBIT CARDS
The credit or debit card holder will be jointly and severally liable as a customer. Accepted credit and debit cards are Visa Card, MasterCard and American Express. A non-refundable 2% administration fee will apply to all Visa and MasterCard transactions or 5.2% for American Express. Credit card administration fees also apply to debited vehicle security diposits and only the hirer’s credit card is acceptable to use for the purpose of the vehicle security diposits.
CREDIT CARD AUTHORITY
The customer authorises Britz to retain the details of their credit or debit card and to take any action to recover from the credit or debit card the amounts due by the customer pursuant to the Britz Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions. These charges including, but not limited to, vehicle cleaning (this includes toilet and waste water tank emptying), speeding, toll way, parking or freedom camping fines, on road assistance, delivery and return of vehicle, late drop off fees, failure to return the vehicle with full diesel or petrol tanks or full LPG bottle (pre-paid fuel and pre-paid gas is included in the Express Return Pack), rental extensions or Exclusions. For security purposes, only the customer’s Visa credit or Visa debit card, MasterCard credit or debit card, or American Express credit card can be used for the Credit Card Authority.
EXCHANGE RATE / CURRENCY VARIATIONS
All credit and debit card transactions are conducted in New Zealand dollars. Due to exchange rate fluctuations and/or bank transaction fees there could be some variance in the amount refunded compared to the amount initially charged. Britz does not accept any liability for variances up or down.
Britz will not honour calculation errors. Should a calculation error occur Britz will charge for the shortfall.
In the case where pre-payment is required and this has not been made the hirer agrees to pay the full costs to Britz.
All amendments to bookings are subject to availability of vehicle and/or package. Different rates may apply based on the amendment made.
Amendments prior to the vehicle collection date will be re-calculated at the flex rate applicable on the date of amendment. This applies to changing the hirer name, vehicle type, reducing the number of rental days, changing pick-up dates and/or changing the pick-up or drop-off location. Where the number of rental days is being extended prior to the vehicle collection date (days are being added on at the end of the rental with no change to the original pick up date), which applied at the time of the original booking, will apply.
Illustrations and text in any of our documentation, brochures or website are subject to change. Images are a representation only of the vehicle depicted. Variances in the vehicles offered for rental may occur due to substitutions made by Britz or modifications and/or upgrades to the vehicle design made by the manufacturer.
These rates and terms do not apply to convoy bookings (any rental that consists of five or more vehicles travelling together).