Early Returns/Unused Kilometers
Sorry, there are no refunds for early returns or unused kilometers.
Driving License/Driver's Age
• All drivers must possess a driver's license valid for the entire rental period
• An international driver's license is recommended for foreign tourists
• Minimum age is 21. Only drivers listed on contract are allowed to drive
• Additional Driver Fee: $5 per night for each additional driver
• Driving in U.S.A: $10 per night for each vehicle entering the USA. In the event Canadream RV Rentals is not made aware of travel in the US and an incident occurs the insurance coverage will be void and the client will be fully responsible for all costs.
The following changes will result in a re-calculation of rental rates. The rate will be calculated using the most current rate and compared to the existing rate; the higher rate will apply:
• Change of booking name;
• Change of vehicle type;
• Change of pick location;
• Change in pick up or drop off date;
• Change in one-way drop off location.
Change to drop-off location after pick-up
If Guest changes their drop-off location after pick-up, they should get in touch with our friendly reservations team who will be happy to help. Our team will advise the Guests if the change is possible and if a relocation fee applies. Any fees would be charged directly to the Guest on a retail rate.
Extending a Road Trip
If a Guest gets swept up in the adventure of their road trip and wishes to extend their booking whilst on hire, they must first obtain authorization from CanaDream Reservations who will advise of the additional costs. Rental extension is subject to fleet availability. The extra cost (Retail rate) of an extended booking must be paid by credit card over the telephone or at a CanaDream location immediately on confirmation of the booking extension.
If the Guest decides to extend their booking duration before pick-up (changing the drop-off date) the Booking Amendment policy applies.
Change of RV
We understand Guests needs are different and therefore our RV’s can be requested by category, however not by make or model. We always do our best to accommodate requests, however should the booked RV not be available due to unforeseen circumstances we will substitute the booked RV with an alternative available at the time of pick up, at no extra cost. Any changes to the booked RV and agreed to by or requested by the Guest do not entitle the Guest to a refund.
On Pick-up, your Guests will complete a self-guided “Quick Start Tour” tour of their RV, watch a vehicle demonstration video and a member of our Guest Services team will be on hand to help and answer any questions they may have on the exterior and interior of their RV unit. Guests are also asked to complete a short pre-departure survey. Guests will also complete a drop-off survey upon return.
RV Collection and Return Times
Guests must phone their pick-up location either on the day prior to collection up to 6pm or on the morning of pick up after 8 am, where they will be informed of their designated pick up time and a transfer/taxi booked if required (from airport or airport hotel).
Pick-up time is between: 13:00 and 16:00 Monday to Sunday. We are happy to offer an Early Pick Up which allows pick up between 10:00 and 12:00 noon - for additional surcharge. Transfer to be added on as required.
Guests are advised against turning up without confirmation of their time, as this can result in a frustrating long wait for the Guests.
Drop-off Time is between: 08:00am and 10:00am Monday to Sunday. We offer a Late drop-off which allows drop-off any time before 15:00 - for additional surcharge. Transfer to be added on as required.
Late charges for drop-offs after 10:00 will be $150 per hour.
Hours of Operation (except for Whitehorse)
• October 1 to April 30: Mon-Sat 8:00-17:00
• May 1 - September 30: 7 days a week 8:00-18:00 *
* Sunday pick-up/drop-offs are available at a cost of $375, per pick-up or drop-off (between 1 May to 30 September there is no Sunday supplement).
• Admonton location is closed on Sundays
Hours of Operation - Whitehorse
• May 1 - May 27: Mon-Fri 8:00-16:00
• May 28 - September 17: 7 days a week 8:00-18:00 *
• September 18 - October 15: Mon-Fri 8:00-16:00
• October 16 - April 30: Closed for the winter
Returning the RV
The RV’s need to be returned to the station as they were collected, with the interior cleaned and holding tanks emptied. The RV exterior does not require cleaning unless it’s covered with excessive dirt or mud, making it difficult for our team to see its return condition. Your Guest’s will be able to purchase at check-in a cleaning service to reduce the final cleaning burden if they wish.
• Rentals require a security deposit of $750 ($1,500 for drivers 21 to 24 years). From November 2019 - $1,000 for all drivers
• An open, signed credit card authorization is taken at departure for all bookings
• Security deposits MUST be made with CREDIT CARDS ONLY (No debit cards) and will be processed
• Deposits are refunded when the vehicle is returned complete with all equipment in a clean and undamaged condition
Transfers - 2019 (until the end of October 2019)
We are happy to provide transfers to and from airport or airport hotels for no additional charge except in Montreal. A $90 one-way/return charge for transfers is applicable between our Montreal location and Montreal airport/airport hotels.
Transfers - 2020 (from November 2019)
CanaDream is happy to offer a CanaDream operated transfer service or assistance with a private Taxi service across our stations.
The stations offering the CanaDream shuttle will each have a transfer charge (which is a contribution towards the cost of this service). This is still a significant saving for our Guests.
The stations where we will use a private Taxi service, will allow greater flexibility and better Guest experience (as the operation of our own transfer was becoming challenging in the locations and volumes of Guests). We will reimburse a significant portion of the taxi cost when the Guest arrives at pick up.
CanaDream Operated transfers - Halifax, Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton
1. Guests should call the pick-up station the day before pick-up or after 8 am on the morning of pick-up to pre-book their transfer. Guests will be told the time to be ready for the Canadream shuttle and where to meet it.
2. Drop off Transfer will be arranged at time of drop-off.
Luggage Restrictions: Passengers using the CanaDream transfer service are allowed 1 suitcase and 1 hand luggage item per Guest.
Note: Unfortunately, due to space restrictions in the CanaDream transfer vehicles, we cannot guarantee the transfer of bikes, large sports equipment or excessive luggage. Please call us before pick-up to discuss their transfer requirements and we will advise if this is possible, otherwise we will be happy to arrange a private transfer at the Guest’s own cost.
Guests fee From/to Airport / Airport Hotel
Halifax - $10 (each way)
Toronto - $15 (each way)
Montreal - $55 (each way)
Edmonton - $30 (each way)
Private Taxi transfers - Whitehorse, Calgary, Vancouver
1. Guests should call the pick-up station the day before pick-up or after 8am on the morning of pick-up to be given their check-in time.
The Guest should then plan to arrive on time at the station according to their scheduled pick-up time.
The Taxi reimbursement will be processed at check-in. The Guests must present their taxi receipt at check-in, to verify their transfer was from the airport or Airport hotel (and downtown for Whitehorse).
Note the Private Taxi offer is only applicable for the stated stations and strictly from the Airport or Airport Hotels.
2. CanaDream will arrange for the Drop-off Taxi. CanaDream will book drop off taxis through their taxi account, therefore the Guest will pay the taxi charges directly to the driver less the reimbursement which will be billed to CanaDream.
Guests reimbursement From/to Airport / Airport Hotel
Whitehorse - $10 (each way)
Calgary - $20 (each way)
Vancouver - $25 (each way)
Convenience Kit Fees
Convenience kits are charged as extra per person per booking. Our convenience kit includes dishes, cookware, pillows, linen, towels, blankets and cleaning equipment.
One-way Rental Fees
Based on availability, we offer one-way rentals to and from all of our vacation centre locations - except Edmonton. One-way rentals must be reserved and confirmed in advance and the following drop off fees apply:
• One-ways between all locations - $940 (from November 2018 the price will be $1000 between all locations except Calgary to Vancouver - $1400)
• Special or unique one-ways across North America are available on request
Sales Taxes apply to all charges as follows:
• Calgary, Edmonton, Whitehorse - 5%
• Vancouver - 12%
• Toronto - 13%
• Montreal - 14.75%
• Halifax - 15%
Tax is calculated on the gross amount of the rental.
"We are Happy to" package - from November 2019
Platinum Package: CanaDream Valet Service, CanaDream Peace of Mind, Windshield coverage, Toilet Chemical - $200
Gold Package: CanaDream Peace of Mind, Windshield coverage, Toilet Chemical - $130
CanaDream Valet Service - $110: Exterior cleaning, Interior cleaning, Last dishes, last empty of holding tanks, garbage disposal & Recycling.
Exterior wash and interior cleaning is included for normal usage. The cleaning of excessive dirt inside or outside, road tar, oil, etc will incur additional cleaning charges as detailed in the conditions in the rental agreement. One hour of interior and one hour of exterior cleaning is included in the valet service.
CanaDream Peace of Mind - $5/night: Lock out service, Lost key replacement, Emergency towing (first 50km), Jump start, Flat tire change using spare (tire cost excl), Fuel Delivery service (up to 20L of fuel, fuel additional cost).
The objective of this service is to assist you as quickly as possible. While your call will receive prompt attention, CanaDream is not responsible for any delays caused by driver’s actions or circumstances beyond our control (traffic, weather conditions, etc). If CanaDream Peace of Mind (CPM) is not purchased at the time of pick up and service is requested due to Guest/Guests’ error, CanaDream personnel will dispatch service at the request of the Guest; however, the costs of the service will be the responsibility of the Guest. CPM is offered as an optional product. By accepting the CPM option, a daily charge will apply for each full and/or partial day. The limit of benefit is $400 per incident. CPM is only valid for vehicles requiring service in authorized travel areas at the time service is required. CPM will become null and void if you or any authorised driver act recklessly resulting in an emergency service call. Reckless and intentional acts may include, but are not limited to, driving in restricted areas, driving while intoxicated, allowing an unauthorized driver to operate the vehicle, etc. In those instances roadside assistance will be available, but standard charges will apply. If you elect not to purchase CPM, you are responsible to pay applicable charges as per the conditions in the rental agreement
Windshield coverage - $5/night: Limit of 1 windshield per trip or up to 3 stone chip repairs.
This coverage is not valid if the windshield damage is due to an accident, unauthorized use or negligence
Not all RV’s are suitable for all driving situations, so it’s important that the right RV is chosen for the travel planned. CanaDream at its discretion may restrict RV travel in certain areas due to adverse road and weather conditions, and the distance to nominated destinations in relation to the length of the rental period. For the safety of Guests, the following travel restrictions are in place:
Urban Travel Restrictions
Parking of your vehicle is prohibited in the greater metropolitan areas of Montreal and Ottawa. This includes all pay parking lots, hotel parking lots, side streets, malls, etc. To travel into these areas, park your vehicle at a campsite and use public transportation, taxi, etc. In the event of a theft that occurs in the Montreal or Ottawa prohibited parking area, the Guest is responsible for $7,500.
Travel in an RV is prohibited on Manhattan Island in New York. Please leave your RV at your campsite and travel to Manhattan Island by public transport.
Prohibited Travel Areas
Travel in the following areas is stricly prohibited at all times:
• Logging and non-public roads
• All unnumbered roads and highways
• Vehicles are not permitted to enter Mexico at any time
• Denali Highway in Alaska
• North Canol Highway in the Yukon
• Dalton Highway (north of livengood)
• Eagle, Alaska (Hwy 5 north) from the junction of Hwy 9 (Top of the world Highway) and Hwy 5 west
• McCarthy Road between Chitina and McCarthy, Alaska
• Highway 500 (Trans Labrador Highway) from Goose Bay to Labrador City
• Highway 389 from Labrador City, LB, to Baie Comeau
• Highway 510 from Red Bay to Happy Valley-Goose Bay
• Highway 167 north of La Doré
• Highway 109 and Baie James Road, Quebec
• Manhattan: due to restrictions on RV heights, propane gas and parking, RVs with propane are not permitted in Manhattan and are not permitted to travel through any underground or underwater tunnels.
Travel Restricted Areas
• Travel to Death Valley is limited to the low season (15 September through 15 May) due to extremely high temperatures which can cause system failures.
• Travel on the Dempster Highway in the Yukon is not permitted between 15 September and 14 May due to road conditions. We are happy for our Guests to travel on this road between 15 May and 14 September.
Guests assume all responsibility for any expense or loss of time while traveling in restricted areas.
There is a surcharge of $625 for rentals starting from Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal or Halifax with permission to travel on/in:
• Alaska Highway north of Fort St. John, British Columbia
• Cassiar Highway (#37) north of Kitwanga, British Columbia
• Highway 35 north of Peace River, Alberta
• Northwest Territories, Yukon, Nunavut, Newfoundland
• Quebec & Labrador north and east of Sept-Iles
Permission is automatically granted to travel in above areas with pick ups in Whitehorse with the exception of the 'No-Go' areas of the Dalton Highway (#11 north of Livengood) and the Denali Highway in Alaska and the North Canol Highway in the Yukon. Vehicles for northern travel must be expressly requested and confirmed at the time of reservation. Guests who travel to these areas without permission will be subject to a $900 penalty and will void all insurance coverage. CanaDream reserves the right to restrict driving access at anytime. These restrictions may be applied at the time of pick-up.
Guests are welcome to travel into the United States. A $10/night surcharge applies to any travel within the United States (including Alaska). If US Driving is not included in the rental package, this can be added at pick up, or if the travel itinerary is unknown Guests must call the pick-up location to pay the US driving fee before entering the USA.
There is a surcharge of $1500 for all vacations starting from any of our locations with permission to travel to certain festivals such as: Burning Man Festival or Electric Daisy Carnival in Nevada, USA. Vehicles taken to festivals must be expressly requested and confirmed at time of reservation. Guests who travel to Burning Man without permission will be subject to a $1500 penalty and will void all insurance coverage.
All Motorhomes must be winterized when travelling in freezing conditions with the exceptions of CanaDream’s unique MHA (2650) RV unit, which is specially built for winter conditions and allows for use of the water, toilet and shower in freezing conditions. As the weather in Canada can be unpredictable, CanaDream will winterize their units as the temperatures start to drop into the freezing zone. Once the RV is winterized, no water can be put into the fresh water tank and it cannot be hooked up to the water supply. Therefore, no water is available in the motorhome.
It is the Guests’ responsibility to have the RV winterized while on a trip at his/her own expense should the weather conditions require. The Guest is also financially responsible for having the RV re- winterised on the return trip if the RV was winterized at the time of pick up. A $150 re-winterization fee will be charged if the RV is returned non-winterized when the temperature is -5 degrees Celsius or below.
Holiday Disruption Coverage - from November 2019
Should the hirer’s motorhome holiday be disrupted by a mechanical breakdown as defined below (which does not extend to accident or damages caused by the renter), for more than 48 working hours after reporting to Hippie Camper, the renter will be reimbursed up to a maximum of the gross daily rental rate for each day affected until the problem is rectified. Failure of mechanical and accessories which includes living cabin air conditioner, water pump, shower/toilet, refrigerator, stove/grill must be assessed by a branch or authorized repairer. Reimbursement is only possible when Hippie Camper has been contacted to rectify the problem and the hirer cooperates to do so. Failure to notify Hippie Camper acknowledges that the issues is of such a minor nature that the hirer makes no claim for loss of time in respect of their rental. Defects and repairs of Wi-Fi, travel devices, radio, TV, CD or DVD player, awning, cruise control, etc. are not considered mechanical breakdowns and are excluded from Holiday Disruption Coverage.
The following conditions results in the compromised performance of accessories and as such Hippie Camper will not be held liable for financial compensation:
- Air conditioners in temperatures over 36 degrees Celsius
- Electric and Propane Gas heaters in temperatures under 0 degrees Celsius
- Freezing of water pumps in temperatures below 0 degrees Celsius
We understand that while on holiday the RV may require small repairs or small items included in the kitchen kit may need replaced. So not to disturb the road trip any further, if the damage was not caused by the Guest, repairs up to $100 can be completed without authorisation and will be reimbursed on presentation of the receipts at time of drop off. If repairs over $100 are needed, the CanaDream On-road team needs to be informed prior to the repair being completed.
All RV’s are covered for 24/7 Mechanical emergency roadside assistance.
Infringements, Tolls and Fees
CanaDream will pass on any charges the guest receives for traffic infringements, toll way or parking fines during their road trip. If the Guest pays these fines immediately there will be no additional administration fees. However, if the Guest delays in paying the fines we reserve the right to charge an administration fee.
Service animals are permitted to travel in our RVs with prior permission from Apollo but pets are not permitted. A penalty of $500 will be imposed for pets inside the RV to cover the costs of sanitizing and cleaning.
Smoking is not allowed in our RVs. A penalty of $500 will be imposed for smoking inside the RV to cover the costs of sanitizing and cleaning.
If, for any reason beyond the company's control, the reserved vehicle is not available, rental company reserves the right to substitute a vehicle of equivalent value or offer a higher rated vehicle at no additional cost. Should a lower rated vehicle be substituted, the company's only responsibility is to refund the difference between the two vehicles. Although this is infrequent, accidents or mechanical repairs may force substitutions.
Rental company makes no representation as to fuel consumption. Vehicles are supplied with a minimum ¼ tank. If the guest returns with less fuel than on departure, he/she will be charged for that amount of fuel. There is no refund if client returns with more fuel than on departure.