• Reservations are booked and paid for in full by hirer at the time of booking on bunkcampers.com or by calling +44 (0) 2890 813057.
• All prices quoted and charged in the local currency of the depot.
• Payment is only accepted by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or debit card (Visa Debit or UK Maestro). Please note, we do not accept American Express.
• A reservation is only binding after it has been paid in full and confirmed by Bunk Campers. Bunk Campers terms and conditions and cancellation policy apply from this point onwards.
• Bunk Campers are not responsible for any fluctuations in exchange rate or international banking fees imposed by your bank which affect the final cost deducted from your bank account.
• Vehicles will not be released without full payment being received.
HIRE RATES INCLUDE
- Unlimited Mileage
- Kitchen Kit
- Fully Comprehensive Insurance for one named driver aged 25 – 69 and holding a full valid driving licence for more than 2 years*
- Full Breakdown & Roadside Assistance**
* excluding any insurance loading. Extra charges may be incurred if the driver to be insured has a driving conviction, is a young or senior driver or is in an occupation which is deemed high risk. These charges will be passed onto the customer.
** Bunk Campers will supply full breakdown cover to cover any mechanical faults to the base chassis of the vehicle. Any call out charges necessitated by the client through operator error, e.g. a flat vehicle battery etc will be the responsibility of the client.
• ‘Hire Period’ refers to the dates agreed in the Rental Agreement.
• Rental is charged on a per day basis.
• Minimum hire period is 3 days in low season (October – March) and 7 days in high season (April – September.)
• Hires shorter than 7 days in high season may be available on a request basis and/or subject to a surcharge.
• Bunk Campers reserves the right to increase the minimum rental period for certain events.
HIRER / DRIVERS
• Driver(s) must hold a full valid manual driving licence for at least 24 months that entitles them to drive a UK category B vehicle up to 3500kg GMVW.
• Drivers holding an automatic transmission licence only cannot drive any of our vehicles.
• Valid driving licences for insurance purposes are: UK, EU, EEA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Republic of South Africa, Singapore, Japan, Brazil, Argentina, Russia, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China & USA.
We are unable to provide insurance for any driving licence not listed above. Any bookings made with driving licences not covered in section 4 will have to be cancelled.
If the driving licence is not in the language of the country of rental or issued in the EU or EEA (including Switzerland), then an international driving licence is required. A certified translation may be accepted depending on the country where the original licence was issued.
If no suitable driving licence is shown at the time of pick-up, you can withdraw from the Rental Agreement at your cost.
• Age limits:
- Standard driver insurance is available on all vehicles for drivers aged 25-69.
- Senior driver insurance is available for drivers aged 70-74. Drivers age must be declared at time of booking and additional premium paid. See website for current pricing.
- Young driver insurance is available for drivers aged 21-24 on the Roadie, Nomad and Ranger campervans only. Driver’s age must be declared at time of booking and additional premium paid. See website for current pricing.
• All drivers must be present for collection of the motorhome. No exceptions can be made.
• All drivers must provide two separate forms of photographic identification on collection of the vehicle otherwise hire will be invalidated i.e.: valid passport and driving licence.
• Your driving licence must be at your current address. If not, then in addition to this we require 2 alternative proofs of identification i.e.: a utility bill and bank statement dated no more than 60 days old which has your name and current address listed.
• If you have a GB driving licence, we require you to log in to the DVLA website and check the counterpart of your driving licence. Your rental will be cancelled without refund if we are unable to DVLA check your driving licence details.
• If you have a Northern Ireland driving licence, we require both the photo card and the paper counterpart.
• You must declare at the time of booking if there are any endorsements on your driving licence. Bunk Campers may not be able to provide cover for you to drive the vehicle if you have certain endorsements imposed on your driving licence. Charges apply for penalty points. Failure to declare any accidents or driving convictions invalidates insurance.
• Maximum of 3 additional drivers per rental.
• Drivers are liable for any legal penalties (parking fines, speeding tickets etc) incurred during the hire period. An administration fee of £45 applies to all penalties received by Bunk Campers.
We are unable to offer driver insurance under the following circumstances:
• Drivers under 21 and over 75 years of age
• Drivers who have not held a full valid driving licence as outlined above for at least 24 months.
• Should any driver fail to present all the correct documentation and identification on collection of the vehicle or the documentation does not meet the driver requirements set out in the terms and conditions, then Bunk Campers will be unable to release the vehicle. No refunds will be given.
• Drivers holding only an automatic driving licence
• Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed. “Spent convictions” covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act of 1974 may be disregarded.
• Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance cover cancelled by any motor insurer.
• Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sportspersons.
• Jockeys and persons connected with racing, gaming industry or press of any sort.
• Undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of age
• Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one incident during the past 3 years.
• Foreign service personnel other than persons holding a full UK/EU/EEA/Canada/Australia/New Zealand/Republic of South Africa/Singapore/Japan/Brazil/Argentina/Russia/China/USA licence for at least 2 years.
• UK drivers who do not provide access to online counterpart check.
• Driving licences from the following areas are not covered by insurance: Africa (South Africa is covered), India, Pakistan, Middle East, Israel.
On all cases, the insurance company has the final say.
COLLECTION AND RETURN
Collection and return of the BUNK CAMPER is to the agreed location specified at time of booking as set out under ‘hire period’ in the rental agreement.
Agreed locations for collection / return of the Bunk Camper are available at the following locations only and as stated on your rental agreement: Belfast, Dublin, Scotland, London Heathrow, Birmingham, Leeds
One way and relocation fees apply.
Collection: Collection of the Bunk Camper is between 3-5PM unless otherwise agreed by Bunk Campers and any additional premiums paid. Please allow 1-2 hours in order to complete all paperwork and demonstrate the vehicle to you.
The security deposit payment (standard excess) is payable by credit or debit card only on collection. This covers insurance excess, security deposit and cleaning deposit.
All drivers must be present on collection of the motorhome and must present their full valid driving licence (as outlined in section 4 of these terms and conditions), passport and credit/debit card for the security deposit. Photocopies will not be accepted. Vehicles will not be released without 2 forms of valid photo identification and funds for deposits being available on collection. The vehicle will not be released until deposit is paid. The vehicle will be handed over in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the ‘Vehicle Condition Report (VCR)’.
Please note, Bunk Campers make every effort to have your vehicle ready for collection at the appropriate time, however, during busy periods there may be some delays which are out of our control. Should this be the case, no refunds will be due to you and no extension of your hire can be made as the motorhome will still be required to be returned in accordance with the details set out in your rental agreement.
Return: Return of the vehicle is between 9AM-11AM unless otherwise agreed and additional premiums paid. The hirer should allow 1 hour to complete the return documentation and check the vehicle.
The Vehicle must be returned undamaged, with a full tank of fuel, a full tank of AdBlue, with an empty and clean toilet cassette, empty waste water tanks (if applicable), a clean interior that is completely free of mud, rubbish and pet hair, and in the same condition as it left the depot otherwise charges will apply.
Bunk Camper reserves the right to charge a cleaning fee of up to £200 if the vehicle is returned in an unclean condition.
The toilet cassette must be emptied prior to the return of the vehicle, or an additional £200 will be charged to the hirer/you.
The vehicle must be returned with the same of fuel equal to that at the time Apollo Europe provided the vehicle. If the vehicle is returned with less fuel, the difference will be charged at £2 per litre and a service fee of £30 needs to be paid.
The vehicle is supplied with a full tank of AdBlue and must be returned with a full tank of AdBlue otherwise a charge of £30 will apply regardless of level.
The exterior of the vehicle does not require cleaning unless it is covered with excess mud or dirt making it difficult for our team to see the return condition.
There are no refunds for early returns. Charges apply for late returns.
Should for any reason, the hirer fails to return the vehicle to the agreed Bunk Camper depot, the hirer accepts that he or she is liable for the full cost to recover the vehicle back to the Bunk Camper depot and for any daily rental fees for the vehicle for the period which it is off the road as the result of not returning the vehicle to the depot by the agreed return time.
Late Return: Bunk Campers must be notified immediately to prevent any prosecution for driver(s) driving whilst uninsured. Late returns will be charged at one day’s rental cost regardless of circumstances.
If you wish to collect or return the vehicle outside of the collection or return times above, please contact on firstname.lastname@example.org before making your booking for information on pricing for out of hours service. There are no out of hours service available on Sundays.
Drop & Go (additional cost)
Our premium returns service, Drop & Go is available exclusively to guests who have purchased the Value Pack or CDW £250.
Guests who select our Drop & Go service benefit from:
• Return fuel tank empty
• Priority key drop
Apollo will also take care of:
• Last empty of fridge/freezer
• Last empty of rubbish
• Last empty of grey water tank
• Tidying & removing bed linen & towels
• Packing guests kitchen box on return
Easy Return (additional cost)
Take the hassle of out of returning your motorhome.
When guests select our Easy Returns service, Apollo will take care of:
• Last empty of fridge/freezer
• Last empty of rubbish
• Last empty of grey water tank
• Tidying & removing bed linen & towels
• Packing guests kitchen box on return
Out Of Hours: There is a service charge for collecting and returning vehicles outside of normal operating hours, as detailed above. Late or Early drop-off or collection is available on request.
Early collection (09.00-15.00): Additional nightly rate
Late collection: (17.00-19.30): Out of hours fee
Early drop off (07.30-09.00): Out of hours fee
Late drop off (11.00-17.00): Additional nightly rate
PLEASE NOTE: There are no out of hours services on Sundays.
Sunday Opening / Holiday Days: Bunk Campers are open 7 days a week including public holidays. Due to the low number of Sunday collections and returns there is an additional service charge for collecting and returning vehicles on Sundays.
Public Holidays 2019: 27-29 December 2019
Public Holidays 2020 UK: 10 April, 13 April, 8 May, 25 May, 25 August
Public Holidays 2020 Edinburgh: 10 April, 13 April, 8 May, 25 May, 3 August, 30 November
Public Holidays 2020 Dublin: 15-18 March,10 April, 13 April, 4 May, 1 June, 3 August, 26 October, (15-18 March 2021)
Public Holidays 2020 Belfast: 17 March,10 April, 13 April, 8 May, 25 May, 25 August, (17 March 2021)
Transfers must be prepaid and the customer's flight information and contact telephone number sent to Bunk Campers at the time of booking. Transfers are available from the specified pick up locations only. Transfers from Belfast International Airport, central London, Prestwick airport or hotels are not available. Bunk Campers do not offer a meet and greet service. Customers should follow the collection instructions. Customers must ensure that they have enough time to return the vehicle (at least 1 hour) and transfer to the airport. Duration may be longer in rush hour traffic and peak times.
DRIVING IN MAINLAND EUROPE
There is an additional charge of £15 per day to travel in Mainland Europe in a Bunk Camper. European cover is mandatory for travel to Mainland Europe and you will be in breach of these terms and conditions should you take a motorhome into Mainland Europe without purchasing the European cover. European cover must be booked at least 14 days in advance and cannot be added at check-in.
European cover is not available to drivers aged 21-24 years old.
Travel is permitted to the following countries with the European cover:
Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
Travel outside of these countries in a Bunk Camper will be in breach of your terms and conditions and you will not be covered by any insurance. Please check your route carefully.
All road tolls in European countries are payable by the hirer, in the event that a toll has not been paid, a £45 administration fee will be charged for processing the relevant paperwork and the toll will remain the hirer’s responsibility.
Not all RVs are suitable for all driving situations, so it’s important the right RV is chosen for the travel planned. Bunk Camper at its discretion may restrict RV travel in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions, and the distance to nominated destinations in relation to the length of the rental period. For the safety of guests, the following travel restrictions are in place:
Prohibited Travel Areas
Travel in the following areas is strictly prohibited at all times:
• Unsealed and non-public roads.
• Any and all unnumbered roads and highways.
Travel Restricted Areas
Journeys into areas at war are prohibited.
Journeys within Europe only are generally permitted, unless it involves journeys to Cyprus, Greece, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Turkey, Iceland, Greenland, the Canary Islands, Madeira or the Azores. Journeys into Switzerland, Norway, Andorra and Liechtenstein are allowed. Any exceptions to these provisions require the express and written consent of Apollo. The guest shall be solely responsible for ensuring familiarity with traffic legislation and laws of countries visited and observing all applicable traffic regulations in all countries visited and traversed during the rental duration.
Guests assume all responsibility for any expense or loss of time while traveling in restricted areas.
The motorhome may only be used on public roads.
The motorhome is to be treated gently and according to the relevant regulations and technical rules. The operating instructions / manuals must be observed. The guest must properly close the motorhome during an absence.
The relevant regulations, load regulations, vehicle dimensions (height, width, length) and technical rules must be observed. All vehicles have a maximum gross vehicle weight of 3,500kg, with the exception of the Duo which has a maximum gross vehicle weight of 3,300kg.
The guest is obliged to regularly check the operational readiness and traffic safety of the motorhome. In particular, he will monitor oil and water levels and tire pressure and correct if necessary.
The motorhome may not be used in particular:
• for motor sport purposes, in particular driving events in which it depends on the achievement of a maximum speed, or in the associated practice trips;
• for vehicle tests or driver safety training;
• for other purposes that result in excessive use of the motorhome;
• to driving school exercises;
• for commercial passenger transport;
• for re-letting;
• for hire;
• to commit crimes, even if they are punishable only under the law of the crime scene and for the transport of highly flammable, toxic or otherwise dangerous substances.
CANCELLATION BY BUNK CAMPERS
Bunk Campers reserve the right to cancel a reservation before, on or after the commencement of hire as follows:
• Hirer does not provide a valid passport and driving licence as proof of ID.
• If Named Driving Licence is not produced or valid in accordance with stated conditions.
• If a UK drivers fails to provide access to information on the counterpart driving licence held on the DVLA website.
• Hirer fails to provide funds for security deposit payment (standard excess) by credit card or debit card.
• Over occupancy of vehicle in accordance with the provision of seatbelts.
• The address on driving licence does not match billing address where additional proof of ID is not supplied.
• Due to operational issues affecting rental fleet.
• Hirer is in breach of any term in this agreement.
• The hirer obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation.
• If any statement, representation or warranty made by the hirer in respect to himself or additional drivers is incorrect.
• The vehicle appears to be abandoned.
• In the event of any damage to the vehicle regardless of fault.
• The vehicle is not returned at the agreed date or Bunk Campers reasonably believes the vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date.
• Bunk Campers considers on reasonable grounds that the safety of passengers or the vehicle is in danger. The hirer understands that in the event of such termination or repossession that the hirer has no right to a refund or any part of the rental charges or the security deposit.
• In the event of an operational issue.
Please note, Bunk Campers liability is limited to the refunds of all monies paid by the hirer. No compensation is available for additional arrangements booked by hirer (e.g.: flights, concert tickets).
Bunk Campers reserve the right to amend our cancellation policy for certain events.
CANCELLATION OR CHANGE BY HIRER
In the event of a cancellation by the hirer a following charges shall be incurred.
Credit card and debit card charges are non-refundable. An administration fee of £45 will be charged on the processing of any refund.
Please note, no refund is available on any of Bunk Campers low cost relocation deals.
Customers are advised to check their own travel insurance policy in the event of a cancellation by the hirer.
In the event the hirer wishes to make changes to this contract with regards to change their vehicle type, dates of hire or pick-up/drop-off location requests should be made in writing and agreed by Bunk Campers and the hirer. The following charges shall be incurred:
Amendments to reservation dates within the calendar year, vehicle type or collection/return location will be accommodated where possible and are subject to availability and any increase in price. A £45 administration fee applies to any changes.
No refund will be given if the value of the hire for the new dates, pick-up/drop-off location or vehicle type is of lesser value than the original booking.
RIGHT TO CHANGE OF VEHICLE
Every effort will be made by Bunk Campers to ensure you receive the campervan type ordered. However, Bunk Campers reserves the absolute right to change your campervan type or its specification in the event of an operational issue. Such substitution shall not entitle you to any refund and does not constitute a breach of this Agreement.
The hirer is not liable for any increased rental charges from the substitute vehicle. The hirer is liable for any additional running costs pertaining to the substitute vehicle. No other refund will be available including compensation for additional arrangements booked by hirer (e.g.: flights, hotels, concert tickets).
Prior to the collection of your vehicle, Bunk Campers carry out a full inspection of all onboard components to ensure they function correctly. On collection, you will be shown how each component operates and what to look for if a system fails during the hire. Bunk Campers will do everything possible to resolve the issue without having to return to the depot, however, this is not always possible, and Bunk Campers cannot be held responsible should any loss of function happen and are not liable to refund any monies nor provide an alternative vehicle. In the case of winter hire, Bunk Campers cannot be held responsible in the event of any damage or inconveniences caused by freezing conditions. This is the responsibility of the hirer.
HOLIDAY DISRUPTION COVERAGE
Should the hirer’s motorhome holiday be disrupted by a mechanical breakdown/motorhome system malfunction (which does not extend to accident or damaged caused by the hirer), for more than 48 hours after reporting to Bunk Campers, the renter will be reimbursed up to a maximum of the gross nightly rental rate for each night affected until the problem is rectified.
Failure of mechanical and motorhome systems which includes cabin heating/hot water, water pump, shower, toilet, refrigerator, gas hob/oven must be assessed by the depot or authorised repairer.
Reimbursement is only possible when Bunk Campers has been contacted to rectify the problem and the hirer cooperates to do so.
Failure to notify Bunk Campers acknowledges that the issues are of such a minor nature that the hirer makes no claim for loss of time in respect to the rental. Defects and repairs of radio/CD player, reversing camera, cruise control etc are considered minor and are excluded from the Holiday Disruption Coverage.
USE OF THE VEHICLE
Prohibited use of the vehicle – Travellers
Only Persons identified in Rental Agreement Part A as either the renter or authorised driver may drive the Vehicle. Even when identified in the Rental Agreement Part A, persons who must not drive the Vehicle is;
(a) anyone who provides a false, fake or counterfeit licence;
(b) anyone who has given, or for whom You have given, a false name, age, address or any driver licence detail;
(c) anyone whose driver licence is currently expired or has been cancelled or suspended within the last two years;
(d) anyone who is a learner, provisional or probationary licence holder or has not held a full driver’s licence for any class of Vehicle for at least two years;
(e) anyone under 21 or over 75 years of age;
(f) anyone who uses or intends to use the Vehicle for illegal purposes;
(g) anyone whose blood alcohol concentration or level of drugs exceeds the lawful percentage; and
(h) anyone under the influence of or impaired by a drug, intoxicating liquor or any other substance.
Prohibited use of the vehicle – Travel
Prohibited use of the Vehicle is based on both the safety of You and the preservation of our vehicles. Prohibited use includes, but may not be limited to:
(a) as a result of natural disasters, weather-based events or other major circumstances;
(b) for carrying persons for hire, gain or reward, or to carry any inflammable, explosive or corrosive materials;
(c) for pushing or towing any vehicle, trailer, boat or other object unless authorised by Bunk Campers;
(d) for carrying any greater load and/or more persons for which the Vehicle is not designed;
(e) for racing, pace-making, speed trials, driving in a dangerous, wilful or reckless manner;
(f) for carrying illegal substances or product either for commercial purposes, financial gain or delivery of such goods; and
(g) driving the Vehicle in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition;
(h) driving the Vehicle on unsealed and non-public roads;
(i) driving the Vehicle on any and all unnumbered roads and highways;
(j) driving the vehicle other than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner or used in a manner which could cause damage.
(k) leaving with the ignition key in or on the vehicle or unlocked while it is unoccupied (invalidates insurance);
(l) submersion in water or in contact with salt water;
(m) journeys into areas at war.
I understand that Bunk Campers reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
BREAKDOWN AND VEHICLE MAINTENANCE
All faults or damage must be reported immediately to Bunk Campers Vehicle Support or at the latest on return of the vehicle. 24 hour Roadside Assistance is provided under the hire contract.
The hirer will take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the vehicle whilst on hire including checking oil and coolant levels, tyre pressures and batteries.
The hirer acknowledges that Bunk Campers will reimburse the hirer for expenditure up to the amount of £100 reasonably incurred. Valid receipts must be provided on return of the vehicle for reimbursement. Bunk Campers Head Office must be notified by telephone for repairs in excess of this amount. Costs will not be reimbursed for any damage caused by me or caused by breach of this agreement.
The hirer will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel. All Bunk Campers vehicles run on diesel.
RESPONSIBILITY WHEN AN INCIDENT OCCURS
In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of vehicle including damage to a third-party vehicle, the hirer will:
• Notify Bunk Campers on 0044 (0) 2891 877313 within 24 hours of the event.
• Obtain the names and address of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station.
• Complete the incident reporting form supplied in the vehicle.
• Not make any admittance of liability or make a settlement offer to other parties.
• Assist Bunk Campers in handling any claim arising from the event.
• Acknowledge that the excess or other amount due in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period, regardless of which party is at fault.
• Will pay any costs relating to a change of vehicle as a result of an incident regardless of which party is at fault.
• Accept that no security deposit/excess will be refunded until the claim is settled.
VIOLATION OF TRAFFIC LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation infringements under the current Road Traffic Legislation applicable in the United Kingdom including Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Bunk Campers will contact the customer after the rental agreement finishes if any traffic violation infringements are presented to Bunk Campers for your hire period. The driver(s) will be liable for any penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation that has been incurred during their hire period.
Bunk Campers will notify the driver(s) of any speeding or parking fines and an administration charge of £45 for each infringement incurred throughout the hire period which the hirer is liable for.
CONDITION OF HIRE
The company’s camper van rental agreement is the sole contract for hiring the vehicle between Bunk Campers and the hirer(s), driver(s) and/or passenger(s).
• The company takes no responsibility for any delay, loss, damage or injury that a hirer might experience no matter how it is caused or by whom.
• No refunds are payable on accommodation or other arrangements by Bunk Campers where a hirer or passenger changes, cancels or seeks to vary this agreement.
• These conditions cannot be varied or altered or waived by any employee or representative of Bunk Campers or by anyone providing services or facilities.
• The company cannot be bound by any representative or statement unless it is confirmed in writing by Bunk Campers’ management.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in or within 5 metres of the Bunk Campers vehicles and a penalty fee of £500 will be imposed for smoking inside the vehicle to cover the costs of sanitizing and cleaning.
All Bunk Campers vehicle types are pet friendly. Domestic pet dogs only may be carried (maximum of 2 dogs) and only following express consent of Bunk Campers and the additional premium paid. You are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the corresponding animal protection, carriage, vaccination and transit/ entry requirements. Cleaning costs incurred due to non-compliance or infringement of said regulations and any loss of profit consequently incurred by Bunk Campers due to the extended downtime required shall be borne by you.
All faults or damage must be reported immediately to vehicle support or at the latest on return of the vehicle. In the event that a complaint is not satisfactorily resolved upon return, the hirer must inform Bunk Campers by email to email@example.com within 14 days of returning the vehicle.