PICK-UP and DROP-OFF INFORMATION
Overseas customers must overnight before picking-up their rental unit.
Best Time RV offers TWO different types of Pick-ups: Regular Pick-Ups and Early Pick-Ups. No matter which type the customers choose, they need to arrange a suitable time for their Pick-Up with our rental location at least 3 working days in advance.
1. Early pick-ups are provided at a cost of CAD198 per rental for pick-ups July 1 – Sep 30 and at a cost of CAD135 for pick-ups Oct 1 - Jun 30. With this option, the pick-up times are Mon-Sat 9:00 am - 11:00 am. These Early pick-ups include free transfers from designated hotels to rental location as described under 'Rental Center Locations' chapter. The time for these free transfers will be arranged with the customers individually between 7.30am and 9.30 am. Customers have to tell us at least 3 working days prior to their pick-up, from which of the designated hotels they would like to have a transfer. No last minute transfers can be organized.
2. Regular pick-ups are at no extra cost but DO NOT include transfers to rental locations. Regular pick-ups are described below and the possession of the rental vehicle is Mon-Fri 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm or Sat in Toronto 10:00 am - 11:00 am, and in Calgary & Vancouver 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm (15th May - 15th October) / 10:00 am - 11:00 am (16th October - 14th May).
The customers have to call our rental location 3-5 working days prior to their pick-up. The rental location will arrange a suitable time for the pick-up or the transfer with them. This way we can avoid long waiting periods for the customers. Moreover we can make sure, that the customers, who have booked a transfer, are provided with all information needed.
Early Pick-up (transfer to rental location included)
• There is a cost for this additional service.
• Overseas customers must overnight before picking-up their rental unit, except they have booked our Jeep Explorer or Jeep HighRoller.
• Customers should provide their mobile phone number and, or email address, so the rental location can contact them in case any additional information regarding the transfer has to be communicated.
• Customers have to do Online Check In within 3 month – 72 hours before their pick-up: https://www.besttimerv.com/checkin-form/
• Customers have to call their pick-up location 3 working days prior to their pick-up to receive the exact time for their transfer. Calls from Mon – Fri are preferred. If nobody picks up the phone, customers should leave a message with their name, Best Time RV Booking Code and phone number (incl. country code). If customers prefer to make an appointment via email, they need to contact us 1 week before their Pick-Up.
• Customers must be ready for pick-up at the time approved by the rental location at one of the designated transfer hotels at specified customer waiting areas (exceptions are listed separately with the transfer hotel information).
• Hotel transfer is only provided from the customer waiting area of the designated transfer hotels.
• Tour operators or customers are requested to report at the time of booking or not later than three working days before pick-up date in which designated transfer hotel customer is staying overnight and how many people are in customer's party.
• Transfers are only provided from the designated hotels if we have been informed of the transfer within the indicated time frame. Customers must be ready at the stated time and customer waiting area, otherwise no pick-up transfer will be provided.
• Transfer times listed are approximate due to traffic and weather conditions. Best Time RV is not responsible for refunds due to delays for any of these conditions.
Regular Pick-up (no transfer included to rental location)
• Vehicle Pick-up: Mon-Fri 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm or Sat in Toronto 10:00 am - 11:00 am, and in Calgary & Vancouver 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm (15th May - 15th October) / 10:00 am - 11:00 am (16th October - 14th May).
• Customer must arrive at rental location at their own expense. No transfer to the rental location is provided by the rental company.
• Reserved rental vehicles will not be provided for pick-up before 13.00 hrs Mo-Fr or before 10.00 hrs Sa.
• Reserved rental vehicles may be delivered as late as 15.00 hrs Mo-Fr or 12.00 hrs Sa.
Vehicle Drop-off and Airport Transfer
- Vehicle drop-off hours are from 09:00 to 11:00 hrs.
- Airport Transfer is only provided if drop-off time is on or before 10.00 hrs:
Airport transfer is included in Prep Fee and provided to all renters who drop-off their rental vehicles on or before 10:00 hrs at no extra cost. Shuttles leave (around 11:00 hrs) from our rental locations to the Calgary (YYC), Toronto (YYZ) or Vancouver (YVR) airport only. Please do not book return flights with departures before 14:00 hrs, if your customers want to take advantage of the free drop-off transfer to the airport.
- No Airport Transfer is provided if drop-off time is after 10:00 hrs.
Drop offs after 10:00 hrs may take longer than the time the airport shuttle leaves, hence if customers arrive at rental location for vehicle drop-off after 10:00 hrs, no airport transfers are guaranteed anymore.
- Late vehicle drop-off (drop-off after 11:00 hrs)
Late vehicle drop-off surcharges are CAD 50 per hour. No airport transfers are provided in the event of a late vehicle drop-off.
No refunds are made for early returns or unused portion of rentals.
Designated Transfer Hotels
Please refer to the list of names/addresses under 'Rental Center Location'.
This is a mandatory one-time charge per vehicle per booking. It is applicable to all bookings without exception.
The Preparation Fee covers:
* Standard Kit per vehicle
* First supply of toilet chemicals
* First roll of toilet paper
* Vehicle cleaning
* Drop-off transfers (only provided if drop-off time is on or before 10.00 hrs)
There are no refunds for unused propane and toilet chemicals and there are no refunds if customers do not meet the transfer rules and did not take the advantage of transfers or if customers decide to do own transfer at their own cost.
Any modification of reservation is subject to handling fee.
If a confirmed booking is moved or shortened by 3 or more rental days, our cancellation charges may apply for these days.
We offer GPS units at our rental location. Please pre-order these with the reservation to guarantee availability at point of pick-up. The rental company is not responsible for any GPS map accuracies, errors or updates.
Office Hours and Holidays
Office hours Best Time RV Rental Locations:
09.00 – 15.00 hrs / Mondays through Fridays
09.00 – 12.00 hrs / Saturdays
Calgary and Vvncouver on Saturdays between 15 May and 15 October 09:00 - 15:00 hrs
Maintenance and Cleaning Responsibility
Customers are responsible to check all fluid levels at each refueling. Refills of all fluids (except gasoline and propane) will be reimbursed at check-in upon presentation of receipts.
Gasoline and propane costs are not included in rental price.
Gasoline and propane tanks are full at pick-up and must be returned full.
Vehicles must be returned clean inside. Waste tanks must be emptied prior to return. Otherwise, additional charges may occur.
Repairs / Refunds / Early Returns / Long Term Rentals
Necessary repairs are refunded without previous authorization up to CAD 100.
Customer must provide receipts. If customers pay repairs exceeding CAD 100 without previous authorization, we will not refund. Clients assume full responsibility for any additional expenses incurred by reasons of a breakdown of vehicle. If a vehicle which had a breakdown and is in repair for more than 12 working hours, through no fault of customer, our responsibility to client is limited to refund the daily rate or a portion thereof (VIP coverage).
Malfunctions of Radio, TV, DVD-player, air conditioning, refrigerator, microwave, any appliances, plumbing, generator, cruise control and awning are not considered breakdowns and no refunds are made for repair time to these items.There will be no refunds made for the early return of a rental vehicle.
Customers renting for more than 30 days will receive a multiple page rental agreement with one page for every 30 days of the rental period or part thereof.
In case of an accident, customers must notify the police for a police report immediately, also inform the pick-up station within 24 hours and make full report in writing. CDW/VIP accident coverage is void if customer fails to follow these procedures.
In case of a breakdown, who do you have to contact?
In the unfortunate case of a breakdown, please follow these instructions:
In case of a breakdown which is disabling the vehicle from driving, please call the rental center customer service or to the road side assistance service.
In case of any accessories failure which does not disabling the vehicle from driving (such as Heater, aircondition, fridge, water, etc.), please call the rental center customer service during working hours.
In the unfortunate case of emergency, caused by road accident, personal incident or an unexpected issue please call Bandana Caravan. Please bear in mind that out of working hours we are handling emergency calls only. Please bear in mind there is no "Alternative motorhome".
Credit Cards / Traveler Checks
We accept MASTERCARD, VISA and AMEX credit cards. No Euro checks or debit cards are accepted. We are not responsible for exchange rate fluctuations or handling charges for any credit card transaction. Without any exception, a valid credit card is required for each rental.
Drivers License / Drivers Age
A national automobile driver’s license is required.
We recommend customers to carry a translation of the national driver’s license or an international driver’s license, but under any circumstances, customer must provide a valid national driver’s license at pick-up.
Minimum age is 21 years for all motorhomes.
Parking / Traffic Violations / Toll Roads
Customers are responsible for reporting and paying of all parking/traffic/toll road violations at rental termination. Non-reporting of parking/traffic/toll road violations will result in an administrative charge of up to CAD 75. Non-reported parking/traffic violations plus administrative charge will be charged against customers credit card or will be collected at customers domicile. Customers will have the option of buying prepaid toll package at pick-up.
Prohibited travel areas
- Death Valley from June 15 to September 15
- Logging roads, non-public roads, unnumbered roads and off-road driving
- Quebec City
- Dempster Highway between September 1 and May 31
- Yukon: Canol Road North of Ross River, Aishihik Lake Road, Road between Dease Lake and Telegraph Creek
- Alaska: Dalton Highway (Hwy 11) between Coldfoot and Prudhoe Bay, McCarthy Road between Chitina and McCarthy
Northern Travel supplement
All rental vehicles traveling to Alaska, the Northwest Territories or the Yukon are permitted between May 1 through September 30 and must be confirmed in advance. A CAD 540 (incl. tax) prepaid non-refundable supplement is required.
Best Time RV is entitled to upgrade customers to a higher rated vehicle at no extra cost. Should a lower rated vehicle be offered, the responsibility of the rental company is limited to the refund of the difference in gross rates.
There is a 7 nights minimum rental period.
We allow pets (25lbs and under) for a small pet fee. The vehicle must be brought back in the same condition it was received, cleaned inside and free of pet hair. The customers are responsible for any damages caused by their pet.
The pet fee will be charged at time of Pick-Up.
Towing is not permitted and results in voidance of insurance – except when towing a Best Time RV Trailer with a Best Time RV Jeep.
Storing items on vehicle roof is not permitted.
Free storage of luggage is available at our location at owner's risk.
It is the renter’s responsibility to have the vehicle winterized if traveling to colder areas to prevent freezing. This will include the water pipes, toilet, fresh water tanks, sink, shower, external shower, hot water heater and holding tanks. Winterization requires that water be drained from the fresh water tank, hot water heater and both waste tanks. Once the vehicle is winterized, no water can be put into the fresh water tank and it cannot be hooked up to the city water supply anymore. Therefore, no water at all is available in the motorhome. The toilet, however, can still be used as long as windshield washer antifreeze is poured down to rinse. Winterization or de-winterization of rental vehicle while on rent is at expense of customer. Please inform your clients at the time of booking. If the renter fails to do so, he /she will be charged a fee, regardless of the outside temperatures! In addition, the security deposit refund will be delayed until we can get the vehicle into the shop, thaw it out and pressurize the system. The renter will also be responsible for the cost of burst water pipes, water tanks, hot water system, water damage, etc.
Baby / Child Seat
Due to applicable law, a baby or child seat must be attached in the rear of the vehicle, not in the front seats. All coaches are equipped with minimum one anchor for three-point child or baby car seat attachment.
Dinette table may require lowering to install baby and child seats. The dinette table will only lower to seat level. Due to this other passengers will not be able to travel in the dinette area, if the dinette has been lowered.
All rentals are subject to the terms and conditions of the rental contract.
Prices, policies and conditions are subject to change without notice at any time.