All daily rates are reflected in Euros. Our rates include:
Tax (VAT = 20%)
Comprehensive Insurance (see Insurance)
Guaranteed newer vehicle not older that two model years
Vehicle kit (water hose, jerrycan, electric cord, broom + dustpan, clothes hangers)
Tourist information (road maps, list of campgrounds, map of “Aires de services” [service areas])
Regional suggested itineraries (Brittany, Loire Valley…)
Outdoor cleaning after return
Trips overlapping seasons are charged in the appropriate seasonal rate for each day of travel.
Minimum charge is 7 days all year.
Even if the motorhome is needed for a shorter period, we will charge 7 days.
Handling and preparation fee (120 € ) / (90 € for the Combi Van)
It includes first bottles of propane and first bottle of toilet chemicals.
Handling fee is mandatory and must be prepaid.
PRIVATE TRANSFER – (PARIS & AJACCIO ONLY - other locations on request)
Customers are requested to report at the time of booking or not later than 7 working days before pick-up date arrival details or hotel address and how many people are in customers party.
1. Due to too many last-minute changes, only pre-paid transfers will be arranged.
2. Clients must provide a valid telephone number – preferably a mobile, this will allow us to send a SMS of confirmation. We will be unable to confirm a transfer if we do not have a telephone number.
3. In the event a client who has pre-paid a transfer take a regular taxi or public transportation, there will not be any refund. Transfers must be confirmed at least 7 days in advance.
Transfer on Arrival day
We can arrange transfers to our location from:
- CDG and ORLY Airports
- EUROSTAR Terminal (Paris Gare du Nord - Train Station)
- Airport area hotel
- Paris Downtown hotels
- Other Paris Train Stations
- Ajaccio Airport
- Ajaccio train station
- Ajaccio ferry terminal
- Ajaccio area hotel
- In case of airport transfers, we do need all flight details to arrange them : hour of arrival, flight number and departure place. (ex : Flight BA 308 from London - 12h30 )
- In case of transfer from a Train Station, we do need all train details to arrange it : hour of arrival, train number and departure place. (ex : Eurostar 1212 from London - 08.55 )
- In case of transfer from a hotel, we do need hotel details (name, address and telephone)
Transfers are possible from 08:00 to 15:00. Due to potential traffic problems beyond our control, precise pick-up and departure times cannot be guaranteed.
Transfer on last day
We can arrange a return transfer to a hotel, a train station or an airport.
This transfer can be pre-paid or paid locally. Transfer must be arranged with the client.
Other special transfers (such as clients with windsurf or special luggage, or transfers from BEAUVAIS Airport) must be notified upon booking and will be charged accordingly.
Airport Meeting points:
CDG – Terminal 1, 2, 3: Exit gate (just after the custom)
Orly Airport: Exit gate (just after the custom)
ONE-WAY (on request only) (no minimum period required)
No one-way between Continent and Corsica – Other one-way are possible – on request
INTERNATIONAL ONE-WAYS ARE POSSIBLE. ON REQUEST ie PARIS-ROME // PARIS . MUNICH // PARIS GENEVA.
INTERNATIONAL ONE-WAY (on request only) (minimum period required)
We’ve been offering this unique service for two years with great success. Note that we do not have stations outside France, but we send a driver to drive the motorhome back to Paris.
- International OW are possible from our PARIS & Marseille stations only
- We require a minimum of 14 days rental
- Drop off points are flexible. Usually, it’s at the airport but it can be at a hotel.
Prices are given as a guideline only, according to season, repatriation cost may vary a little.
International One Way charge will be re-confirmed for each rental.
FIRST NIGHT ACCOMMODATION
We strongly recommend our clients spend their first night in a hotel.
Allow approximately one hour for departure formalities
Pick-up time is between 09:00 to 11:00 and between 14:00 to 16:30.
Our depots are closed for lunch
AM PU not after 11:00 // PM PU not after 16.30.
There is no refund if vehicle is picked up later than scheduled time.
Upon his arrival, the client should expect to:
- Show a valid driving license (domestic or international)
- Leave a security deposit (2000 €) – credit card imprint VISA, MASTERCARD or AMEX not processed. This is to ensure vehicle is returned on time, complete with all equipment and in undamaged condition. When CDW is taken - the diposit is 1000 €.
- Watch a 10 mn video “How to operate your motorhome” (French or English).
A bilingual “Operator Manual” is given to our clients. The vehicle is then inspected by AVIS CAR-AWAY and the renter who is asked to sign a “Departure contract”. The rental is thus open.
We provide free storage for luggage or other valuables. Not for One-Way rentals.
Return time is between 09:00 to 12:00 and between 14:00 to 17:30.
Our depots are closed for lunch
AM DO not after 12:00 // PM PU not after 17.30.
Penalties are charged for late returns without prior authorization.
No refund will be made if the length of hire is shortened or for unused days. There is no refund for late pick up or early return of vehicle.
- Toilet must be clean and empty (if not, an additional fee of 100 € is levied)
- Waste water tank must be drained
- Interior of motorhome must be clean (especially refrigerator, stove and shower)
Indoor Cleaning charges (100 €) may apply if vehicle is returned not clean.
- Diesel tank must be full (as it was on departure)
The security deposit is returned provided that the motorhome is undamaged and clean.
The vehicle is inspected by our staff and the renter who is asked to sign a “Return contract”. The rental is thus closed.
MAINTENANCE AND USE RESPONSIBILITY
Client is responsible for routine maintenance while traveling (coolant, oil, tire pressure) as well as reporting mechanical failure immediately. Clients may be held responsible for mechanical damage due to negligence on operation and/or in performing normal maintenance.
If, for any reason beyond our control, the reserved vehicle is not available, we reserve the right to substitute a model of similar or higher rated vehicle.
Travel to North Africa and to some East Europe countries is not permitted.
DAYS OF OPERATION
Our depots is open Monday through Saturday, however, some depots are closed on Monday morning. All stations are closed on Sundays and for Bank Holidays
PAYMENT OF CHARGES
At the end of the Rental Period, the customer must pay Avis Car-Away on demand:
Any amount paid or payable by Avis Car-Away or payable by the customer arising out of his/her use of the Motorhome or imposed on the customer or Avis Car-Away by governmental or other competent authority (such as speeding, road toll, parking and traffic fines). In addition to any penalty or fine, the Renter is liable to pay Avis Car-Away the 40 € infringement administration fee.
In case of a breakdown, who do you have to contact?
In the unfortunate case of a breakdown, please follow these instructions:
In case of a breakdown which is disabling the vehicle from driving, please call the rental center customer service or to the road side assistance service.
In case of any accessories failure which does not disabling the vehicle from driving (such as Heater, aircondition, fridge, water, etc.), please call the rental center customer service during working hours.
In the unfortunate case of emergency, caused by road accident, personal incident or an unexpected issue please call Bandana Caravan. Please bear in mind that out of working hours we are handling emergency calls only. Please bear in mind there is no "Alternative motorhome".