First Night Accommodati on
• We strongly recommend that clients spend their first night in the United States in a hotel.
• Transfers are restricted to hotels mentioned in the ‘Location Maps & Hotel Information’ pages.
• No refunds are given for self-transfer.
• No transfers are provided for same day flight arrivals.
• Complimentary shuttle transfers are available to and from designated hotels for DFW, LAS, LAX, MCO, Newark Airport (NYC), SFO, and YVR offices.
• Transfers with the PAD option are available to and from designated hotels for DFW, LAS, LAX, MCO, Newark Airport (NYC) and SFO offices. PAD Fee applies.
• Transfers to or from rental station may be subject to restrictions or limitations beyond El Monte RV’s control. In such circumstances transfers may be the financial and logistical responsibility of the renter.
• Contact number: Client must call 1-800-367-6507* no later than 9:00 am the morning of motor home takeover to schedule pick up time and confirm hotel entrance. Under no circumstances should clients arrive unannounced.
• Toll Free Transfer Telephone numbers are area code directed. Customers must use a land based telephone (hotel, car rental, pay phone etc) in order to be directed to the correct pick up location. Cell phone users must use the direct telephone numbers for each location (see ‘Location Maps and Hotel Information’pages). Clients using a cell phone to call El Monte RV’s toll-free number while in NYC, for example, for a pick up the next day in MCO would be connected to the NYC station.
• NYC Midtown Manhattan transfers are charged $80 per direction. Pickups occur after 1pm.
Motor Home Takeover and Return Policies
• Takeover time: After 1:00 pm. Subject to vehicle readiness.
- Even though clients may be picked up or arrive earlier on their own (except PAD)
- Latest motor home takeover time is 1 hour before station’s official closing time.
• Day of departure: No refund if client picks up later than the booked day of departure.
• Return time: Between 8:00 am and 11:00 am.
- A $50+ per hour penalty will be charged for returns after 11:00 am without prior authorization from rental station.
- Clients with an early flight must make prior arrangements with rental station for possible earlier transfer to airport. Clients may have to return by 11:00 am a day early to obtain courtesy shuttle, or arrange other means of transportation. No refunds for early return.
- Early returns: No refund for any reason if rental is terminated by clients before the scheduled return date.
• Recommendation: Due to heightened volumes of travel during holiday seasons we recommend that customers avoid beginning or ending their motor home rental on the day immediately before or after a holiday date. Otherwise, customers may experience airline delays, increased road traffic and possible delays at rental office.
Vancouver (YVR) transfer - only from specific Vancouver airport area hotels
- Client must call 1-800-367-6507* between 9:00-9:30 AM the morning of motor home takeover to schedule pick up time and confirm hotel entrance.
- Pick up time after 12:00 pm.
- Transfer shuttle departs El Monte RV station at approximately 11:00 am.
- US Border Crossing Fee of $6 per person is required at the border. Clients should be aware that a visa to enter the United States may be required.
- No transfer is offered to downtown SEATTLE or to SEATAC Airport.
- Due to increased security and traffic, delays crossing into Canada are possible. El Monte RV is not responsible for any refunds of any type as a result of border crossing delays.
Priority AM Departure (PAD) Program:
- Restricted to the following locations: DFW, LAS, LAX, MCO, NYC & SFO.
- PAD is restricted solely to those hotels designated as PAD hotels.
- Clients are required to complete the online check in no less than 7 days prior to vehicle takeover.
- There are no refunds for PAD surcharge if we do not receive PAD hotel information 7 days prior to pick up. No exceptions.
- In the event client, or agent, fails to notify El Monte RV, or notifies us less than 7 days prior to takeover a courtesy transfer may not be provided in which case clients must provide their own transfer at their own expense.
- PAD Transfer instructions. A pre-recorded message is available at 1-800-337-2199 which instructs at what time and at which entrance clients should wait for transfer shuttle.
It is recommended that clients also call 1-800-367-6507 the day before motor home takeover to confirm pick up time and hotel entrance.
PAD Shuttle generally arrives between 7:15 am - 8:00. PAD transfer may begin as early as 6:45 am. Therefore, it is necessary that clients call 1-800-337-2199 beforehand for exact times.
- Clients must call 1-800-367-6507* no later than 9:30 am on the morning of scheduled pick-up to arrange vehicle takeover time.
- Under no circumstances should clients arrive unannounced.
- After 1:00 pm, even if clients arrive earlier; subject to vehicle readiness.
- Clients may book PAD in advance which will guarantee them a departure ready vehicle no later than 11:00, even if they arrive via self-transfer.
• Renter (named major credit card holder, contract signer) must be at least 21 years of age and in possession of valid identification including driver’s license and passport.
• Renter and all additional drivers must be present at pick up of the rental vehicle and sign the rental agreement. There is no charge for additional drivers.
• Authorized drivers must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license and identification, and be listed on the rental agreement
• An International Driver’s License is recommended but not required.
• A major credit card such as Visa, MasterCard, Amex (no ATM/debit cards such as EuroCard) with available credit is required for the Security Deposit and all charges paid at the counter. Cash or Travellers Checks are not accepted. The credit card must be issued to the signer or co-signer of the contract.
• In case of the renter is holding an american residency in addition to his international residency, the renter must present his international Passport, driving licence and address (not the american one), otherwise, a US residente extra fee will apply.
A $1000 security deposit is required at the time of departure. We require that the deposit be guaranteed by a major credit card such as Visa, MasterCard, Amex with sufficient credit balance to cover this amount. No ATM/debit cards such as EuroCard are accepted. The security deposit of $1000 may be charged on the customer’s credit card on pick up, then refunded upon return provided that the rental vehicle is returned clean inside, undamaged and on time. The $1000 may take up to 8 weeks to be credited back to the customer’s credit card. Currency conversion fees are client’s responsibility. Cash or Travellers Checks are not accepted.
From April 2018 - The security deposit is not charged on the customer’s credit card on pick up, but rather the amount is on ‘hold’. Upon return provided that the rental vehicle is returned clean inside, undamaged and on time this ‘hold’ is removed.
International Address Requirement
International Rental and rates are designated exclusively for non-domestic clientele, i.e. for those clients living outside of the United States and having no US address.
El Monte RV reserves the right not to accept bookings from clients residing within the United States even though they may have reserved through an international wholesaler.
El Monte RV reserves the right to rebook clients residing within the United States using standard domestic rates and conditions.
Clients will receive a full orientation of their motor home, including client’s maintenance and use responsibility.
Orientation consists of a video in English, German, Spanish or Japanese introducing the general concepts of motor home use and safety tips, as well as a personal walk-around of motor home with the client by a qualified instructor.
Operator manuals are provided for clients to take with them in English and German. Additionally, clients receive from the rental station a regional campground directory and location map with directions to nearest supermarket and gas stations.
El Monte RV is not responsible for items left in the motor home after client’s return and reserves the right to donate or dispose of them as it sees fit. Left items cannot be mailed to client.
Pets are allowed. Client is responsible for all damage and may be surcharged for special cleaning.
Luggage storage is available on a limited basis at the following locations: DFW, LAS, LAX, MCO, NYC, SFO, YVR. No guarantee of luggage storage is made for: DEN, MIA, ORD, PHX, SLC.SAN &
To facilitate the pick up and drop off procedures, we recommend that clients carry their luggage in their vehicle. Soft-sided or collapsible bags are best for storage.
Luggage storage is at the client’s own risk and is not available for one way rentals.
Luggage capacity of courtesy shuttles is limited and may require clients with excess luggage or oversized items to store and later retrieve them from their hotel.
Client Contact Information
Standard Transfer: 1-800-367-6507*
PAD Transfer: 1-800-337-2199*
Roadside Assistance: 1-800-367-4707
* Toll Free Transfer Telephone numbers are area code directed. Customers are required to use a land based telephone (hotel, car rental, pay phone etc) in order to be directed to the correct pick up location. Cell phone users must use the direct telephone numbers for each location (see Location maps and hotel information pages)
VEHICLE SUPPORT & USE
Maintenance and Use Responsibility
Client is responsible for routine maintenance while traveling (checking coolant, oil, tire pressure, etc.), as well as immediately reporting mechanical failures. Clients may be held responsible for mechanical damage due to negligence of operation and /or performing normal maintenance. Tools for vehicle repair and tire change are not provided since clients are not authorized to make repairs.
Reimbursements & Refunds
El Monte RV operates one of the newest fleets in the industry. Yet as motor homes are mechanical devices they do occasionally develop problems.
Refunds for Mechanical problems: In the event of a mechanical problem requiring repairs over $75 clients must call El Monte RV’s On-The-Road Support for authorization. A toll free number is provided for assistance with problems, questions, etc: at 1-800-367-4707. Clients will be reimbursed on return and upon presentation of receipts and any replaced parts. No receipts over $75 will be reimbursed without prior authorization.
Note: $75 reimbursement does not apply to de-winterizing or winterizing cost.
Additional Items: In the unlikely event that items are missing from kitchen or personal kits, or for example client needs an additional blanket, or client needs to replace an item for the motor home such as a water hose, sewer hose, etc., the client may purchase these items without prior approval and will be refunded at return upon presentation of valid receipts, provided they not total more than $75.
Breakdowns: If the renter's motorhome vacation is interrupted by an automotive mechanical breakdown (not collision or damages caused by others or the renter) for more than 12 business hours after reporting such incident to El Monte RV/Mighty Campers, the renter will be reimbursed for the greater of: (1) the gross daily rate or (2) expenses for hotel rooms up to US$ 25 per person per night and car rental up to US$50 per day per motorhome up to a maximum of US$1,500 per trip.
Defective comfort equipment such as radio, TV, DVD, CD, Bluetooth, USB, GPS, Wi-Fi, generator, batteries, air conditioner, refrigerator, heater, water heater, cruise control, awning, slide-out, etc. are not considered mechanical breakdowns and are excluded from VIP reimbursement. Refund of expenses is only possible with proper receipts.
Accompanying vehicles: Accompanying vehicles are not eligible for compensation.
Travel Agent Assistance: Contacting one's travel agency or tour operator will have no effect on the availability and/or speed of vehicle towing, repair and/or replacement and absolutely no compensation of any kind will be given for communication costs incurred. Clients should be instructed by travel agency/tour operator to coordinate the repair efforts with El Monte RV Roadside Assistance and to discuss compensation with the staff at the return rental counter.
Client Complaints: Client refund or reimbursement requests must be received in writing with all supporting documentation no later than 45 days after rental return to be eligible for compensation consideration. El Monte RV reserves the right to take up to 60 days after receipt of the complaint to investigate and respond. Please email claims to: email@example.com
On-The-Road Support Contact requirement: In order to be eligible for a lost-use refund client must have contacted El Monte RV’s Roadside Assistance department during their rental period and must have followed Roadside’s instructions, self-help tips, and / or recommendations for repair.
• Customers declining On-The-Road Support instructions, recommendations or appointments for repairs will not be eligible for lost-use compensation.
• All vehicle lost-use issues must be verifi ed by a pre-authorized repair facility and/or by location staff upon return and only after issues are validated will compensation be given.
• No consideration for lost-use will be given if it is determined any issues were operator error.
Return: Without prior authorization in order to be eligible for a lost-use refund clients must return rental unit to return offi ce as booked or a recovery fee and penalty will be charged.
Non-essential items: Radio, air-conditioning, refrigerator, generator, microwave, appliances, automatic step and cruise control, are not considered mechanical breakdowns.
Loss of Rental: Clients will be charged ‘loss of use’ fees for company’s lost rental revenue, up to the amount of the deductible, based on estimated time of motorhome repair.
Cell-phone charges: Clients are responsible for all cell-phone charges. Clients are encouraged to use On-the-Road-Support’s toll free number as the primary contact telephone number.
• On-The-Road support: 1-800-367-4707. Open every day during business hours and most holidays and extended hours in peak season.
• Support staff may also be reached via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In order to be eligible for a lost-use refund client must have contacted El Monte RV’s Roadside Assistance department during their rental period and must have followed Roadside’s instructions, self-help tips, and / or recommendations for repair.
• On-The-Road support is a courtesy service provided by El Monte RV for our customers. They are not authorized to determine refunds. Any refund consideration can only be made by the return location manager.
• In certain circumstances a replacement vehicle may be provided to the client. El Monte RV, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to determine if, where and when a vehicle exchange will take place.
• In the event of an accident involving an El Monte RV rental vehicle, no matter who was at fault, El Monte RV reserves the right to determine if, where and when a vehicle exchange will take place.
• Under most circumstances, if client for any reason was at fault in causing incapacitation of their motor home they will be required to pay the costs incurred in delivering a replacement unit to them up to $5,000 as well as any damage deductible.
• Should clients violate the terms and conditions by driving intoxicated, under the use of drugs, or should they fall asleep at the wheel or drive negligently the $5000 deductible is voided and the customer will be responsible for all costs involved in replacing, towing and repairing of damaged motorhome. Client’s financial responsibility includes but is not limited to the rental vehicle. Clients may be charged ‘lost use’ for the time needed for recovery and / or repair.
• Clients are restricted from traveling to certain regions due to road conditions, extreme weather, acts of God, security alerts and /or availability of support. Restrictions are subject to change without notice and are determined solely by El Monte RV.
• Clients are responsible for knowing and following the travel restrictions and for informing themselves of possible changing conditions. El Monte RV, to the best of its ability, will provide clients as much information at time of pick up as possible but is not liable for any delays or detours client may encounter.
• Violation of these travel restrictions voids insurance and coverage option under the terms and conditions of the rental contract.
Please note the following restrictions:
1) Off-road: Travel on non-public, unpaved and / or ‘logging’ roads is not permitted at any time.
2) Death Valley: Traveling in or traversing Death Valley is not permitted in July and August. In May, June and September travel is permitted, however, customer is fully responsible for all mechanical problems and/or towing or vehicle recovery costs. Ground temperatures can reach 140º F or 60º C. During July / August clients maybe required on pick up to sign and acknowledge these restrictions.
3) Mexico: Travel is permitted at client’s own risk and only with purchase of El Monte RV’s Mexico Auto Liability Insurance (MALI), available at all southwest locations. However, there is no reimbursement for repairs, lost use or deductibles for damage when in Mexico.
4) New York City / Manhattan: Travel is not permitted.
5) Alaska / Northern Canada: Travel is permitted at client’s own risk. However, there is no reimbursement for repairs or lost use.
6) Winter: Travel during winter months is permitted. However, freezing conditions may occur in Spring and Fall at higher elevations and should be anticipated and precautionary measures taken. Clients are responsible for any damage due to systems freezing due to cold weather. As a precautionary measure, at certain locations water may be replaced by anti-freeze to prevent water systems from freezing. Clients are then not allowed to use any water systems, including the toilet or shower, until they have traveled to consistently above zero temperatures. In the event the clients want to replace the anti-freeze with water the client may be charged up to $150 to re-winterize or de-winterize the vehicle.
Note: Winterizing or de-winterizing cost, typically up to $150, are responsibility of renter.
7) Summer: Travel in summer months and /or in extreme temperatures can strain motor home systems such as roof and dash air conditioners, generator and refrigerator. We maintain our motor home fleet to accommodate all weather conditions; however, clients should be made aware that performance of motor home systems under extreme conditions cannot be guaranteed. Roof A/C units will only cool the interior of the motor home up to a maximum of 20 degrees cooler than the outside temperature.
8) Ontario / Quebec: Due to the increased incidence of theft motor homes are not allowed to be left unattended within the cities of Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec City. We recommend leaving the motor home parked at a campground and use a taxis or public transportation. Details available at pick up location. Clients planning on traveling in these areas must inform rental station prior to departure.
9) Vehicle Return: Clients who return the rental vehicle to any location other than the one booked and confirmed without prior authorization or who abandon the rental vehicle will be charged a recovery fee and penalty.
Traffic Tickets, Golden Gate Bridge, Toll Roads
Client is responsible for all traffic violations, fines, toll charges and/or citations incurred during the rental period.
Traffic Citations: Client may either pay for the ticket themselves, or opt to hand the ticket over upon return to the rental office for processing and payment. In addition to the ticket amount clients will be charged a $25 administrative processing fee per infraction.
In the event of customer non-payment or failure to turn over any ticket to El Monte RV, clients are responsible for the ticket amount plus late penalties. Additionally, clients may be charged up to $250 per infraction for increased administrative processing.
Toll Roads / Golden Gate Bridge tolls: El Monte RV will charge the customer the amount of the toll PLUS an additional handling fee of up to $25 using the credit card we have on file. This service does NOT include traffic or parking infractions.
Fuel costs are client’s responsibility. Gasoline tanks are generally full at pick up and must be returned full or the difference will be estimated and the clients charged; or if not full the gasoline tank must be returned at the same level or the difference will be estimated and the clients charged.
No claims are accepted as to fuel consumption. Fuel consumption will vary according to where and how a vehicle is driven. No claims are accepted as to fuel consumption if client is upgraded to a larger unit.
We make every effort to provide the clients with the model reserved. However, El Monte RV reserves the right to substitute models which are similar, higher rated; or longer as necessary; i.e. a Class A vehicle may be substituted for a cab-over Class C model; a C 28 may be substituted for a C 22.
No refunds for any reason (such as increased fuel consumption, ferry charges, campground fees, etc.) will be given due to increased length or size of motor home substituted.
Should a smaller or lower rated vehicle be offered and accepted, liability will be limited to a refund of the price difference between the model booked and paid for and the model received at pick up. No refund will be given should a smaller or lower rated vehicle be requested by the client at pick up.
No claims as to vehicle year will be considered.
When pre-booking campgrounds clients should consider a larger unit may be substituted.
When making ferry reservations clients should automatically reserve the next larger unit length.
All motor home sizes are outfitted with a 110 Volt generator.
The use of the generator is not required for normal vehicle operation. Customers have the option of being charged a per rental night fee for unlimited use, or a per hour fee calculated upon return. Charges re payable at the counter. Use of power outlets for charging phones, etc., are at clients own risk.
Prepaid generator charges upon vehicle return are non-refundable.
One-way rentals - $ 250 (in addition to applicable fee).
The following changes will result in a re-calculation of rental rates. The rate will be calculated using the most current Value Rate for the pick up week and the current rate will be used:
• Change of vehicle size;
• Change of departure location;
• Change of departure date;
• Cancellation and rebooking;
• Change in drop-off date;
• Change in one-way drop-off location;
Once confi rmed, the following changes will not aff ect the Value Rate:
• Change of party size (unless larger vehicle type is required);
• Change of party name;
• Adding pre-paid items;
MOTORHOME RENTAL FLEET
Model Year Definition
‘Model Year’ is a standard industry-wide term employed by US automobile and motor home manufacturers to designate annually changing vehicle designs. ‘Model Year’ does not indicate the year in which a vehicle was manufactured. A 2013 design or ‘model’, for example, may be manufactured anytime during the 2012 or 2013 calendar year. The model year of an El Monte RV vehicle is always indicated on the vehicle registration.
Motor Home Specifications
Motor home photos, drawings and floor plans provided are examples only. Sleeping capacities are recommendations only and do not mean like number of adults or full-size teenagers can be accommodated comfortably within every unit of a size category. Features and amenities are representative and may be changed, added to or deleted without notice. Bed sizes vary from unit to unit within size categories and cannot be guaranteed. Specific floor plans or models will vary within a category and cannot be reserved or guaranteed.
ONE WAY RENTALS
One way rentals
One-Way Rentals are on request only. One-way fee is determined by where the desired Pickup and Return locations’ row and column intersect.
Import / Export Fee: We try to confirm all One-way requests. However, there are times when the direction of the drop or time of year does not make sense in terms of fleet utilization. Therefore, El Monte RV will consider accepting a specific one-way request for the standard one-way fee PLUS up to an additional $3,000 to import or export the motor home to or from the location needed.
TIMES OF OPERATION
Holiday & Special Event Schedule
El Monte RV offices will be closed for the following holidays or special events. No bookings will be accepted for pick up or return on these dates. No exceptions.
01 January - New Year’s Day, 21 April - Easter Sunday, 27 May - Memorial Day, 04 July - Independence Day, 24 July - Pioneer Day (SLC only), 01-03 September - Burning Man (SFO only), 02 September - Labor Day, 28 November - Thanksgiving, 24 December - Christmas Eve, 25 December - Christmas Day, 31 December - New Year’s Eve
Hours of Operation
Many locations are open 7 days a week Monday to Saturday 8:00 to 17:00 and Sunday from 8:00 to 16:00 from April to September. The El Monte RV locations are open 7 days a week 9:00 to 16:00 from October to March unless otherwise noted. Location closing dates are subject to change.
• DFW, NYC & YVR are closed Sundays all year.
• DEN, MIA, ORD, PHX, SAN and SLC are closed Saturdays and Sundays all year.
• YVR (Bellingham/Ferndale, WA)
- Open Monday – Friday from 9:00 to 17:00.
- Closed Saturdays and Sundays 01 October – 31 March.
- Closed every day from 26 January through 10 February 2019.
- Closed every day from 25 January through 9 February 2020.
• NYC (Linden, NJ)
Closed Saturdays and Sundays 01 October – 31 March.